goto content

  • sitemap
  • sign up
  • my page
  • visitkorea on Facebook
  • visitkorea on Twitter
  • visitkorea on YouTube
  • visitkorea on RSS

Select Overseas Offices

Entry Info for Korea print

Visa Information

For Canadian Citizens:

Canadian citizens are exempt from obtaining visas for tourism, visiting, or business (without any employment activities) for up to 6 months. Permission to stay is given at the time of entry and at the discretion of the immigration officer. Admitted individuals do not need to complete the Alien Registration process during their stay. If Canadian citizens wish to engage in employment activities during their stay in Korea, they must obtain a Korean visa.

Designated Visa-Free Entry

  • Considering international convention, mutuality doctrine, national profit and other such factors, certain countries are granted visa-free entry permissions.
  • Nationals of the following countries are allowed up to 30 days of visa-free sojourn for tourism or visitation
Designated Visa-Free Entry
Continent Countries
Asia Macau(90 days), Brunei, Saudi Arabia, Arab Emirates, Yemen, Oman, Japan (90 days), Qatar, Taiwan, Hong Kong (90 days), Kuwait, BAHRAIN(90 days) [12 countries]
North America United States(90 days), Canada (6 months) [2 countries]
South America Guyana, Guatemala, Argentina, Ecuador, Uruguay, Paraguay [6 countries]
Europe Monaco, Vatican, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Albania, Cyprus, San Marino, Serbia, Montenegro, Slovenia (90 days), Andorra, Croatia [11 countries]
Oceania Guam, Nauru, New Caledonia, Micronesia, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Kiribati, Fiji, Australia (90 days), Marshall Islands, Palau, Tuvalu, Tonga [13 countries]
Africa South Africa, Seychelles, Mauritius, Swaziland, Egypt (5 Countries)

※ Please read the visa guidelines carefully and if you have any additional questions, please visit the Republic of Korea’s visa-specific website at If you are not eligible for Tourist/Transit, you can search what kind of visa you need, as well as required documents and fees by your nationality, length of stay, and purpose of stay.

Transit Visa (General) B-2-1

If you satisfy any of the following conditions, you can travel to or transit through Korea without a visa. You will be able to stay for up to 30 days in Korea.

1) Transit Tourists Travelling to a Third Country

  • - You transit through Korea on your way to the United States (excluding Guam and Saipan), Japan, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand and hold a valid visa (including re-entry permit, but excluding e-visa or Japanese Group visa) issued by the aforementioned countries.
  • - You transit through Korea on your way to a third country or the country of nationality via direct flight from the United States, Japan, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand to Korea after legally staying in these respective countries.

-> Most Chinese nationalities residing in Canada belong to this category.

Simply put, if you have a visa (study permit, work permit, permanent residency, etc.) from United States, Japan, Canada, Australia or New Zealand, you can transit through & stay in Korea for 30 days, but Korea may NOT be your final destination.

* exceptions: e-visa or Japanese group visa

Okay: Canada -> Korea -> China OR China -> Korea -> Canada
NOT Okay: Canada -> China -> Korea OR Canada -> Korea

2) Transit Tourists Travelling to Europe

You are a Chinese traveller holding a valid visa (including permanent residency) of 30 European countries as well as an airplane ticket to your final destination
※ If there is a direct flight from the respective countries, a passenger must use that flight to come to Korea.

3) Transit Tourists

You participate in the Transfer Tourism Program for a third country or the country of nationality, and transit through Korea.

Transit Visa (Jeju Island) B-2-2

Person planning to visit Jeju Island for tour or transit within 30 days will be able to enter Korea without visa.

B. The Embassy of Korea and Consulate-general

Should you be unable to find the answers to your questions in regards to your visit to Korea either above or at, please contact the Korean Consulate or Embassy responsible for your jurisdiction.

1. Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Ottawa(오타와 대사관)

2. Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Toronto(토론토 총영사관)

3. Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Montreal(몬트리올 총영사관)

4. Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Vancouver(밴쿠버 총영사관)

If you need to contact an immigration office in Korea, a Customs Office or Quarantine center, please find the contact information below:

Immigration Offices
Immigration Offices
Seoul (02)2650-6212
Incheon Airport (032)740-7013, (032)740-7030
Jeju (064)722-3494, (064)721-3494
Busan (051)461-3000
Gimhae Airport (051)972-1610, (051)972-1615
Korea Customs Services
National Veterinary Research & Quarantine Service
National Plant Quarantine Service

Quick Menu Quick Menu