Sat, Aug 20, 2022, 05:27 KST (UTC+9)  Seoul  Korea

imagine your korea


Entry Info for Korea

Visa Information

*ATTENTION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, visa-free for Canadians are suspended until further notice and visas for leisure are not being processed. Please refer to the sites below for more information regarding updates on Korea's immigration policies.
1. Korea Immigration Services
2. Embassy of Republic of Korea in Canada
3. Republic of Korea Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Continent Countries
Asia Macau(90 days), Brunei, Saudi Arabia, Arab Emirates, Yemen, Oman, Japan (90 days), Qatar, Taiwan, Hong Kong (90 days), Kuwait, BAHRAIN(90 days) [12 countries]
North America United States(90 days), Canada (6 months) [2 countries]
South America Guyana, Guatemala, Argentina, Ecuador, Uruguay, Paraguay [6 countries]
Europe Monaco, Vatican, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Albania, Cyprus, San Marino, Serbia, Montenegro, Slovenia (90 days), Andorra, Croatia [11 countries]
Oceania Guam, Nauru, New Caledonia, Micronesia, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Kiribati, Fiji, Australia (90 days), Marshall Islands, Palau, Tuvalu, Tonga [13 countries]
Africa South Africa, Seychelles, Mauritius, Swaziland, Egypt (5 Countries)

* Please read the visa guidelines carefully and if you have any additional questions, please visit the Republic of Korea’s visa-specific website at If you are not eligible for Tourist/Transit, you can search what kind of visa you need, as well as required documents and fees by your nationality, length of stay, and purpose of stay.

Transit Visa (General) B-2-1

If you satisfy any of the following conditions, you can travel to or transit through Korea without a visa. You will be able to stay for up to 30 days in Korea.

1) Transit Tourists Travelling to a Third Country

  • You transit through Korea on your way to the United States (excluding Guam and Saipan), Japan, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand and hold a valid visa (including re-entry permit, but excluding e-visa or Japanese Group visa) issued by the aforementioned countries.
  • You transit through Korea on your way to a third country or the country of nationality via direct flight from the United States, Japan, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand to Korea after legally staying in these respective countries.

> Most Chinese nationalities residing in Canada belong to this category.
Simply put, if you have a visa (study permit, work permit, permanent residency, etc.) from United States, Japan, anada, Australia or New Zealand, you can transit through & stay in Korea for 30 days, but Korea may NOT be your final destination.
* exceptions: e-visa or Japanese group visa.

Okay: Canada →Korea → China OR China → Korea → Canada
NOT Okay: Canada → China → Korea OR Canada → Korea

2) Transit Tourists Travelling to Europe

You are a Chinese traveller holding a valid visa (including permanent residency) of 30 European countries as well as an airplane ticket to your final destination.
* If there is a direct flight from the respective countries, a passenger must use that flight to come to Korea.

3) Transit Tourists

You participate in the Transfer Tourism Program for a third country or the country of nationality, and transit through Korea.

Transit Visa (Jeju Island) B-2-2
Person planning to visit Jeju Island for tour or transit within 30 days will be able to enter Korea without visa.
Make an inquiryff

1330 Travel Hotline Live Chat

Open KTO Live Chat(Download not required)

Open messenger app(Messenger app must be installed)