Among the several experience programs offered to international tourists, one of the most popular programs is the ceramic-making experience. Visitors can make their own work, starting from a simple ball of clay and turning it into a beautiful piece of art of their own personal design. In particular, Icheon in Gyeonggi-do offers diverse classes related to the subject as it is known to be the city of ceramics. Visitors can learn about the history and culture of traditional pottery as well as experience making their own item. Participants can take their final products home that day, or have them airmailed later for an additional fee.
- Address: 57, Dojayesul-ro, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 이천시 신둔면 도자예술로 57)
- Operating hours: Open 24 hours
* Hours vary by workshop, check ahead before visiting.
- Admission: Free
* Experience fees vary by class
- Directions: Take a taxi for approx. 10 min from Sindundoyecheon Station (Gyeonggang Line), Exit 2.
- Inquiries: +82-31-638-1994 (Korean only)
- 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Vietnamese, Thai, Malay)
This page was last updated on September 24, 2020, and therefore information may differ from what is presented here.