Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) is the National Tourism Organization of the Republic of Korea, with offices located worldwide to promote and boost tourism to Korea, so as to make it one of the top destinations in the world.
To support Korean tour-tech Startups that are eager to enter and launch their business in Singapore, the KTO Singapore Office is the only KTO Overseas office providing support for Korean Startups.
Since Aug 2022, the KTO Singapore Office has been operating the Korea Tourism Startups Center (KTSC) which is located at Samsung Hub. The purpose of KTSC is to provide a co-working office for startups and help or support them through diverse programs.
Hence, the KTO Singapore Office is looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual for the following position:
K-Startup Manager (minimum 5 years of experience in related fields is required)
Yearly based contract (including 2-months’ probation) | S$5,500~ S$6,000 (commensurate with experience), key responsibilities on the job include:
- Support for Korean Startups
- Cooperate with KTO Headquarters for all about Korean Startups
- Support for Korean global challenge companies (related to business in Singapore, such as establishment of a branch office or joint venture, etc.)
- Discover promising venture companies in Korea and establish the support plan/strategies
- Provide On/offline consulting services to Korean companies for entering and launching the business in Singapore
- Singapore Investment Market Research
- Research on the Singapore investment industry (VC, etc.) market and ecosystem, and regular report writing
- Research on Singapore startups and the investment status of the industry
- Investigate and derive insights from the organizations that support startups entering and doing business in Singapore (Korea, Japan, etc.)
- Expert Networking
- Establish an expert network and build strategic alliances with multinational companies, global companies, PBs, asset management companies, etc.
- Build a pool of experts including industry-related consultants
- Support for Corporate Events in Singapore
- Plan and operate events related to VCs and startups in Singapore
- Research and participate in startup-related events
- Data Management
- Gather and manage the data of Korean startups, Singapore startups, etc.
- Build the directory or data for companies, experts, etc.
- Matching with Investors and Buyers
- Investigate the needs of companies and investors
- Meet the needs of interested investors and buyers
- Any other related work of the Startups that KTO HQ and/or the KTO Singapore office carry out
Applicants should possess at least the following requirements:
1) Singaporean citizenship or P.R.
2) A degree related to Tourism, Event Management, Business Administration, Investment, Ventures or any related fields with a minimum of Diploma
3) Attracting investment, ventures, corporate support, and related fieldwork experience
4) More than 5 years of experience in tourism or attracting investment-related fields would be an added advantage
5) Excellent written and spoken English language, good public speaker
6) Basic skills in conversational and written Korean language would be an added advantage
7) Knowledge of the tourism industry in Korea would be an added advantage
8) Able to commence employment from December 2023
Re-contract opportunities are available based on assessment after 1 year.
Send your detailed resume to us at [email protected] by 03 November 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview.