Underground shopping malls are where people go to check out the latest trends at stores that don’t put a dent in their budgets. Most underground shopping malls are equipped with a variety of convenient amenities and are connected with the subway system for a pleasant shopping experience. The underground shopping malls have a variety of apparel available at extremely affordable prices compared to those sold at department stores and shopping outlets. Be sure to bring some cash along as some items are only available with cash.
Gangnam Station Underground Shopping Center is where youths go to find the latest fashion trend. The center is lined with stores selling clothing and fashion accessories like shoes and hats at an affordable price compared to the stores on the main street. It is also a great place for window shopping as many items are displayed in front of the stores.
- Gangnam Station Underground Shopping Center
- Address: 396, Gangnam-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 강남구 강남대로 지하 396)
- Directions: Connected to Gangnam Station (Seoul Subway Line 2, Shinbundang Line)
- Operating hours: 10:00-22:00 / Open all year round (varies by shop)
Goto Mall, also known as the Gangnam Terminal Underground Shopping Center, is conveniently attached to the Express Bus Terminal Station's transfer passageway that connects Lines 3, 7 and 9. Goto Mall mainly features women’s clothing, fashion accessories, interior products, flowers and other attractive items. The mall has an extensive artificial flower market, perfect for those interested in fashion or interior design. The mall is also connected to Famille Station, a gathering of many trendy cafés and restaurants, and Shinsegae Department Store, allowing visitors to enjoy shopping all day long.
- Goto Mall
- Address: 200, Sinbanpo-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 서초구 신반포로 지하 200)
- Directions: Connected to Express Bus Terminal Station (Seoul Subway Line 3, 7, 9)
- Operating hours: 10:00-22:00 / Open all year round (varies by shop) Websites
- Goto Mall: www.centralcityseoul.co.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, German)
- Famille Station: www.centralcityseoul.co.kr (Korean, English)
Bupyeong Modoo Mall (Bupyeong Underground Shopping Mall) boasts a variety of fashion and styles offered by approximately 1,400 individual businesses, the most number of stores in comparison to malls of similar size. Simply wandering from shop to shop can be fun, but first-timers to this mall can easily get lost due to the large number of shops. To help shoppers find their way, the floors are marked with color-coded directions. Spreading out from the center of the mall, the paths divide into red, green, and blue trails, while the area around the fountain is orange. These color indications on the floor and on information boards not only prevent visitors from getting lost, but also act as a guide leading to the store they’re looking for.
- Bupyeong Modoo Mall
- Address: 7, Bupyeong-daero, Bupyeong-gu, Incheon (인천광역시 부평구 부평대로 지하 7)
- Directions: Connected to Bupyeong Station (Seoul Subway Line 1, Incheon Subway Line 1)
- Operating hours: 10:00-22:00 / Varies by shop
Red & Green paths (Exits 2, 5, 6, 14-19, 22-31): Closed first & third Tuesdays of every month
Orange, Blue, & Green paths (Exits 1, 7-13, 20-21): Closed second & fourth Tuesdays of every month
Seomyeon Underground Shopping Center has a long history in Seomyeon, the most bustling area in Busan and a hub of public transportation. The shopping center is divided into three sections of Seomyeon Mall, Bujeon Mall, and Jungang Mall with Seomyeon Station at their center. These malls offer a great number of clothing, accessory, and shoe stores, and are connected to the Busan branches of Daehyeon Free Mall and Lotte Department Store. Seomyeon Underground Shopping Center is known for offering fashion style collections from both popular brand stores as well as less popular but affordable ones. The shopping area also continues to the ground level, making it one of the best spots to wander around in the city. In addition, the central Information Desk offers interpretation services for international tourists. Known as the “Silver Interpreters,” they provide assistance from Monday to Saturday between 08:00 to 20:00 in English, Chinese, and Japanese, depending on staff schedule.
- Seomyeon Underground Shopping Center
Seomyeon Mall / Bujeon Mall: 786, Jungang-daero, Busanjin-gu, Busan (부산광역시 부산진구 중앙대로 786)
Jungang Mall: 772, Gaya-daero, Busanjin-gu, Busan (부산광역시 부산진구 가야대로 772)
* Silver Interpreters located near Seomyeon Station (Busan Subway Line 1, 2), Exit 13
- Directions: Connected to Seomyeon Station (Busan Subway Line 1,2)
- Operating hours: 10:00-22:00
Seomyeon Mall: Closed first Tuesday of every month
Bujeon Mall: Closed second Tuesday of every month
Jungang Mall: Open all year round
* Closed days and hours vary by shop
Located in the heart of Daegu beneath Dongseong-ro Road, Daehyeon Free Mall – Daegu Branch is the largest underground shopping center that is loved by locals. The mall is easily accessible via subway from Jungangno Station (Daegu Subway Line 1) and the many city buses that stop here. The Daegu branch of Daehyeon Free Mall is the only underground mall in the country to have a musical square, making shopping experience even more special. The walls of the square are decorated with posters of various musicals that have been performed in Daegu, including four major international musicals.
- Daehyeon Free Mall – Daegu Branch
- Address: 580, Gukchaebosang-ro, Jung-gu, Daegu (대구광역시 중구 국채보상로 580)
- Directions: Connected to Jungangno Station (Daegu Subway Line 1)
- Operating hours: 11:00-22:00 / Closed first Monday of every month (varies by shop)
This page was last updated on October 29, 2020, and therefore information may differ from what is presented here.