Travelers carrying live animals and/or animal products or who have recently visited a farm must report to customs and the items must undergo the appropriate inspection procedure. In particular, all live animals and animal products entering Korea must be accompanied by valid quarantine or heat treatment certificates issued by the country of departure. For detailed information on animal quarantine, please contact the Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency and or the airport quarantine office.
Items to be declared
- Meat and poultry items such as beef, pork, lamb, chicken, etc.
- Processed meat products such as ham, sausage, beef jerky, marinated beef, canned meats, etc.
- Animal bone items such as antlers, bones, horns, tusks, etc.
- Egg products such as whole eggs, egg whites, powdered eggs, etc.
- Dairy products such as milk, cheese, butter, etc.
- Animal fodder and related tools, including but not limited to pre-made food, fodder ingredients, and hay
Animal products from approved export countries must go through the quarantine process. Travelers with a certificate of quarantine from export countries meeting the import sanitation requirements of Korea will be able to bring their products into the country, provided that there are no problems upon arrival inspection in Korea.
- Items originating from or passing through prohibited regions (including live animals and processed meats)
Inquiries about animal quarantine
- Import & export inspection: Import +82-32-740-2671 (English), Export +82-32-740-2660~1 (English)
- Pending quarantine: Import +82-32-752-1271~2 (English), Export +82-32-740-2660~1 (English)
Availability of foreign language assistance may vary.