Korean Cooking Classes
It is said that to really understand a country's culture, you must first experience it's food. If you want to learn more about Korea's traditional foods, there is no better method than to try your hand at making the food yourself. In Seoul, there are a variety of cooking programs available for foreigners to make popular dishes, including kimchi, bulgogi, bibimbap, tteok and even royal cuisine. The length of each program varies with the food being made, but most programs can be completed within half a day. Joining one of these programs will make your trip to Korea even more memorable, so give it your all to make some tasty traditional Korean food!
Korean Cooking Programs
- - On-going programs: Bulgogi, mandu, haemul-pajeon (Seafood and Green Onion Pancake), kimchi, japchae, bibimbap and more.
- - Website: www.fnckorea.com (Korean only) / koreanrecipe.co.kr (English, Japanese)
- - Inquiries: +82-2-720-6704, +82-2-725-3279 (Korean, English)
- - On-going programs: Bulgogi, haemul-pajeon, japchae, temple foods (3 vegetable dishes), royal cuisines and more.
- - Website: ko.ongofood.com (Korean, English, Chinese)
- - Inquiries: +82-2-3446-1607 (Korean, English)
- - On-going programs: Kimchi making (including baek kimchi, tong (whole) baechu kimchi and more varieties.)
- - Website: www.kimchikan.com (Korean, English)
- - Inquiries: +82-2-6002-6456, +82-2-6002-6477, +82-2-2223-2573 (Korean, English, Chinese)
- - On-going programs: Tteok, kimchi, makgeolli, traditional Korean foods and more.
- - Website: www.tkmuseum.or.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- - Inquiries: +82-2-741-5447 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- - On-going programs: Kimchi, traditional Korean desserts, homemade Korean food
- - Website: 5-tastes.com (English)
- - Inquiries: +82-10-9909-0908 (Korean, English, Chinese)
☞ 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
* This column was last updated in September 2015, and therefore information may differ from what is presented here. We advise you to check details from the official websites before visiting.
<Last updated on September 18, 2015>