|Sponsors / Management|
|National Gugak Center /|
Performance’ takes place 50 times this year from January 7 through December 29. Seventeen
different kinds of programs consisting of traditional music, dance, and singing performances will
be performed throughout the year. Nine programs are suitable for people who
have never experienced Korean traditional performing arts before. They consist of court music, solo performances, solo court music performances, traditional dance, folk dance, and play. These
nine programs will be staged 38 times total.
There will also be six masters’ programs comprised of performances of the maestros of Gugak (Korean traditional music), traditional dance, and play. Each program will be performed only once. Two intangible cultural asset programs also will be performed, consisting of Korean intangible cultural assets that have been added to the UNESCO Intangible Heritage List. They will be performed three times each.
Whether you are new to Gugak or an avid lover of Gugak, the Saturday Premium Performance offers performances for everyone.
|* Comprehensive programs of music, song,
and dance for beginners
- Schedule: The 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturday of each month
* Masterworks programs for connoisseurs of Korean traditional music and dance
- Yeongsanhoesang, Sanjo, Jeongga, Minyo (folk song), Pansori (Korean traditional opera), Jeongjae, Minsokmu (folk dance)
- Schedule: May 12, June 9, July 14, Sep 8, Oct 13, Dec 8
* Programs of the UNESCO World Intangible Cultural Heritage
- Jongmyojeryeak, Pansori, Gagok, Cheoyongmu, Ganggangsullae
(Jan 14, Mar 10, Aug 11)
- Jongmyojeryeak, Pansori, Gagok, Cheoyongmu, Jakbeop (Yeongsanjae)
(Feb 11, Apr 14, Nov 10)
※ Schedule and programs are subject to change.
|10,000 won for all seats|
|Duration of Performance|
|Open to visitors over age of 8.|
|Tel: +82-2-580-3300~3 (09:00-15:00)
(Korean, English, Chinese, Spanish, French, Russian)