|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Sponsors / Management|
|Korea Cultural Heritage Foundation / Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism,
Cultural Heritage Administration
|As part of the Creation of Living Palaces project, the Changdeokgung Palace Moonlight Tour offers a unique opportunity to witness and experience the palatial beauty. The tour begins from the main gate, Donhwamun Gate (돈화문), and continues on for approximately two hours through Injeongjeon Hall (인정전), Nakseonjae (낙선재), and Huwon (후원; secret garden). To make a reservation, visit the Korea Cultural Heritage Foundation website. Reservations are accepted from 20 days before the event.
Initially built as a royal villa, Changdeokgung Palace became the central governance place during the Joseon Dynasty after the former principal palace, Gyeongbokgung Palace, burned down during the Japanese invasion in the 16th century. In addition to its political significance, the Palace is known for its aesthetics and architecture, set against the breathtaking natural scenery. In 1997, UNESCO desginated Changdeokgung Palace as a World Cultural Heritage site.
|Moonlight tour, traditional performance|
September 6-8 (3 days) 20:00
October 9-11 (3 days) 19:00 / 20:00
November 6-8 (3 days) 19:00 / 20:00
[For foreigners (English, Japanese, Chinese)]
September 5 (1 day) 20:00
October 7-8 (2 days) 19:00
November 5 (1 day) 19:00
Further schedules will be announced later.
|Duration of Performance|
- Performance time
* April: 19:30, 20:00 (2 times a day) / May – June: 20:00
(Admission will not be allowed once the performance starts)
- Tickets will be issued only from the registration desk (located in front of the Changdeokgung Palace Ticket Box) 30 minutes before the performance starts.
- ID and ticket confirmation number are needed for verification.
- Children under 8 years old cannot partake for safety reasons.
- No tripods (camera is ok) and food are allowed inside the palace.
※ Program Overview
*Tour guides provide explanations customized for the moonlight tour covering Changdukgung Palace’s history, culture and landscape designs.
*Route: Donhwamun Gate (gathering point) → Jinseonmun Gate → Injeongjeon Hall → Nakseonjae House (moonlight watch point) → Buyongji Pond (moonlight watch point) → Bullomun Gate → Yeongyeongdang Hall (watch traditional performances and sample Korean tea and desserts for 30 min.) → Forest trail of the Huwon (Secret Garden) → Donhwamun Gate (ending tour)
※ Reservation for foreigners
- Online reservation available at ticket.interpark.com (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- Foreigners cannot take part in the scheduled tour for Koreans. Reserved tickets will be cancelled on site, and no refund will be made.
※ For Seniors (ages 65 and more)
- Reservation by phone is available. (10 people per time) But, it is only possible to make a reservation one time a day from October to November.
- Maximum of two tickets per person available (Both persons must be 65 years old and older.)
- Proof required
- If seniors do not bring an ID card or their ages are under 65, the reservation will be automatically cancelled and no refund will be applicable.
- Reservation online is also available.
- How to reserve via phone
1) Call at +1544-1555
(Operating hour: Mon-Sat: 09:00-20:00 / Sun & National Holidays: 09:00-18:00)
2) After confirming the availability of reservation, provide the desired date or time, and the payment method information to confirm the reservation.
3) Upon completing the reservation, keep the reservation number and related information to receive the ticket on-site.
※ In case of rain
- If the advisory forecast predicts a rainfall amount of 5mm or more on the day before the performance scheduled, the event will be cancelled.
- For an event that has been called off due to the rain, the organizing committee will announce the rescheduled performance date and time by the order of cancellation.
- If scheduled event is called off due to the rain, it is possible to attend only the additionally rescheduled day and a refund will be made for people who can’t take part on that day.
※ Online reservations and inquiries: +82-1544-1555 (Interpark ticket customer center)
※ General inquiries about the event: +82-2-2270-1233, 1238
|How to Particpate|
|Click here to see the booking information.|
|* Disabled (level 1-3 and one guardian / level 4 and under) 50 % off
※ Proof required
|8 years or older|
|* Interpark: +82-1544-1555 / http://ticket.interpark.com|
|Anguk Station (Subway Line 3), Exit 3.
Go straight for 5min towards Changdeokgung Palace.
Jongno 3(sam)-ga Station (Subway Line 1, 3 or 5), Exit 7.
Go straight along Donhwamun-ro Street for 10min towards Changdeokgung Palace.
Detailed information at Changdeokgung homepage
|www.chf.or.kr (Korean only)|
|Detailed Info on the Location|
|eng.cdg.go.kr (Korean, English)|