|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Sponsors / Management|
|Korea Cultural Heritage Foundation / Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism,
Cultural Heritage Administration
|As part of the Creation of Living Palaces project, the Changdeokgung Palace Moonlight Tour offers a unique opportunity to witness and experience palatial beauty. The tour begins from the main gate, Donhwamun Gate (돈화문), and continues on for approximately two hours through Injeongjeon Hall (인정전), Nakseonjae (낙선재), and Huwon (후원,
meaning "secret garden"). To make a reservation, visit the Korea Cultural Heritage Foundation website. Reservations are accepted from 20 days before the event.
Initially built as a royal villa, Changdeokgung Palace became the central governance compound during the Joseon Dynasty after the former principal palace, Gyeongbokgung Palace, was burned to the ground during the Japanese invasion in the 16th century. In addition to its political significance, the Palace is known for its aesthetics and architecture, set against breathtaking natural scenery. In 1997, UNESCO designated Changdeokgung Palace as a World Cultural Heritage site.
|Moonlight tour, traditional performance|
April 3 - 5 (3 days) 19:00 / 20:00
May 1 - 3 (3 days) 20:00
May 30 - 31 (2 days) 20:00
June 1 (1 day) 20:00
[For foreign visitors (English, Japanese, Chinese)]
April 1 - 2 (2 days) 20:00
May 4 - 5 (2 days) 20:00
June 2-3 (2 days) 20:00
※ A maximum of two tickets may be booked online per person.
|Duration of Performance|
|Approx. 2 hours|
- Only 100 people can be entered per session. (*Tours running in April at 20:00 only accept 80 people)
- Tickets will be issued only from the registration desk (located in front of Changdeokgung Palace Ticket Box)
30 minutes before the performance starts.
- ID and ticket confirmation number are needed for verification.
- For safety reasons, children under 8 years of age may not partake.
- No tripods, cameras, or food are allowed inside the palace.
※ Reservation for foreign visitors
- Online reservations available at ticket.interpark.com/global (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- Korean residents may not take part in the scheduled tour for foreign visitors. If this is attempted, reserved tickets will be cancelled on site, and no refund will be given.
※ For seniors (age 65 or more)
- Reservation by phone is available. (10 people per reservation) Note that it is only possible to make a reservation one time per day from October to November.
- Maximum of two tickets per person available (both persons must be 65 years or older.)
- Identification required
- If seniors do not present an ID card or their ages are under 65, the reservation will be automatically cancelled and no refund will be provided.
- Online reservation is also available.
- How to reserve via phone
1) Call at +1544-1555
(Operating hours: Mon-Sat: 09:00-20:00 / Sun & National Holidays: 09:00-18:00)
2) After confirming availability, provide the desired date or time, and the payment method to confirm the reservation.
3) Upon completing the reservation, keep the reservation number and related information to pick up the ticket on-site.
※ In case of rain
- If the weather forecast predicts a rainfall amount of 10 mm or more at 15:00 on the day before the performance scheduled, the event will be cancelled.
- For an event that has been called off due to rain, the organizing committee will announce the rescheduled performance date and time by the order of cancellation.
- If the scheduled event is called off due to the rain, it is possible to attend only on the additionally rescheduled day, and a refund will be provided for people who cannot attend on that day.
※ Online reservations and inquiries: +82-1544-1555 (Interpark Ticket Customer Center)
※ General inquiries about the event: +82-2-2270-1233, 1238
|How to Particpate|
|Click here to see the booking information.|
|Open to visitors of 8 years and over|
|* Interpark: +82-1544-1555 / http://ticket.interpark.com|
Anguk Station (Subway Line 3), Exit 3.
Go straight for about 350 meters to find Changdeokgung Palace on the left.
Jongno 3(sam)-ga Station (Subway Line 1, 3 or 5), Exit 7.
Go straight along Donhwamun-ro Street for about 550 meters to find Changdeokgung Palace in front of you.
Take Bus 7025, 109, 151, 162, 171, 172, 272, 601
* Please click here for more information on bus lines.
* Find more detailed information about the event at Changdeokgung homepage.
|www.chf.or.kr (Korean only)|
|Detailed Info on the Location|
|eng.cdg.go.kr (Korean, English)|