|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Sponsors / Management|
|Korea Cultural Heritage Foundation / Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism,
Cultural Heritage Administration
|Initially built as a royal villa, Changdeokgung Palace became the central governance place during the Joseon Dynasty after the former principal palace, Gyeongbokgung Palace, burned down during the Japanese invasion in the 16th century. In addition to its political significance, the Palace is known for its aesthetics and architecture, set against the breathtaking natural scenery. In 1997, UNESCO desginated Changdeokgung Palace as a World Cultural Heritage site.
As part of the Creation of Living Palaces project, the Changdeokgung Palace Moonlight Tour offers a unique opportunity to witness and experience the palatial beauty. The tour begins from the main gate, Donhwamun Gate (돈화문), and continues on for approximately two hours through Injeongjeon Hall (인정전), Nakseonjae (낙선재), and Huwon (후원; secret garden).
|Moonlight tour, traditional performance|
September 6-8 (3 days) 20:00
October 9-11 (3 days) 19:00 / 20:00
November 6-8 (3 days) 19:00 / 20:00
[For foreigners (English, Japanese, Chinese)]
September 5 (1 day) 20:00
October 7-8 (2 days) 19:00
November 5 (1 day) 19:00
Further schedules will be announced later.
|Duration of Performance|
- Performance time
* April: 19:30, 20:00 (2 times a day) / May – June: 20:00
(Admission will not be allowed once the performance starts)
- Tickets will be issued only from the registration desk (located in front of the Changdeokgung Palace Ticket Box) 30 minutes before the performance starts.
- ID and ticket confirmation number are needed for verification.
- Children under 8 years old cannot partake for safety reasons.
- No tripods (camera is ok) and food are allowed inside the palace.
- Maximum of 2 tickets per person only.
※ Program Overview
*Tour guides provide explanations customized for the moonlight tour covering Changdukgung Palace’s history, culture and landscape designs.
*Route: Donhwamun Gate (gathering point) → Jinseonmun Gate → Injeongjeon Hall → Nakseonjae House (moonlight watch point) → Buyongji Pond (moonlight watch point) → Bullomun Gate → Yeongyeongdang Hall (watch traditional performances and sample Korean tea and desserts for 30 min.) → Forest trail of the Huwon (Secret Garden) → Donhwamun Gate (ending tour)
※ Reservation for foreigners
- Online reservation available at ticket.interpark.com (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- Foreigners cannot take part in the scheduled tour for Koreans. Reserved tickets will be cancelled on site, and no refund will be made.
※ In case of rain
- If the advisory forecast predicts a rainfall amount of 5mm or more on the day before the performance scheduled, the event will be cancelled.
- For an event that has been called off due to the rain, the organizing committee will announce the rescheduled performance date and time by the order of cancellation.
※ Online reservations and inquiries: +82-1544-1555 (Interpark ticket customer center)
※ General inquiries about the event: +82-2-2270-1233, 1238
|How to Particpate|
|Click here to see the booking information.|
|8 years or older|
|Anguk Station (Subway Line 3), Exit 3.
Go straight for 5min towards Changdeokgung Palace.
Jongno 3(sam)-ga Station (Subway Line 1, 3 or 5), Exit 7.
Go straight along Donhwamun-ro Street for 10min towards Changdeokgung Palace.
Detailed information at Changdeokgung homepage
|www.chf.or.kr (Korean only)|
|Detailed Info on the Location|
|eng.cdg.go.kr (Korean, English)|