|Jeungdo Island [A Slow City] (전남 신안 증도 [슬로시티])|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Jeungdo Island (증도) was the first city to be designated a ‘slow city’ in Asia thanks to its unspoiled nature and clean waters. It was assigned as a biodiversity conservation area by UNESCO.
Jeungdo Island also has Korea’s largest salt fields. At Taepyeong Salt Field, you can experience real life in a fishing village. There is a tour of the salt museum and hands-on programs for tourists to make the experience more personal. There are some 90 uninhabited islands and islets neighboring the Jeungdo Island. The Wujeon Beach Resort offers a magnificent view of the horizon. The mud hopper bridge, which stands in the mudflats, along with the relic of a historical monument and wetland ecology exhibition hall, are some of the things you can see on the island of Jeungdo.
※ Jeungdo Island Mudflats Festival opens in early August each year, offering a mudflat program as well as a drying by the sun salt-making program, among others.
|Slow City (2007)|
|Tour Course Information|
|One-day course: Jjangttungeo Bridge – Mudflat experience – Taepyeong Salt Farm – Salt Gallery – Sun-dried salt experience – Yeomsaeng Botanical Garden – Sinan Mudflat Center – Ujeon Beach|
|Major tourist attractions: Haesong forest, Ujeon Beach, Jjangttungeo Bridge, Sinan Marine Archaeology Monument, Taepyeong Salt Farm & salt farm experience, Salt Gallery, Yeomsaeng Botanical Garden, etc.|
1) Seoul → Gwangju/Mokpo via express bus
* Seoul – Gwangju (The bus runs from the Central City Express Bus Terminal between 00:15~24:00 at an interval of 15 minutes and the journey takes approx. 3 hours 40 minutes.)
* Seoul – Mokpo (The bus runs from the Central City Express Bus Terminal between 05:30~24:00 at an interval of 40 minutes and the joumey takes approx. 4 hours.)
2) Gwangju/Mokpo → Direct bus to Jido-eup
* Take a direct bus from Gwangju (the bus runs 19 times daily and journey takes approx. 2 hours)
* Take a direct bus from Mokpo (leaves every hour; takes approx. 1 hour 15 minutes)
3) Jido-eup → Take a bus or a taxi from the Songdo Wharf.
4) Dongdo Wharf → Jeungdo Island (07:00, 09:00, 12:00, 15:00 and 17:00; takes approx. 30 minutes)/Jeungdo
→ Songdo (07:30, 10:00, 13:00, 16:00, 17:40)
* Take a bus or a taxi from the Jeungdo Wharf to the beach resort (approx. 8km).
* Time and intervals are subject to change. Please check to confirm before reserving your tickets.