|Hwangmaesan County Park (황매산)|
Located in Hapcheon, Gyeongnam Province, the 1,108-meter-high Mt. Hwangmaesan (황매산) encompasses the three peaks of Habong, Jungbong and Sangbong. Since the reflection of the mountain is also mirrored on the water of Hapcheon Lake, the mountain is also called ‘Sujungmae’ (literally meaning ‘ume (Japanese apricot) blossom under water’). In spring, azalea and rhododendron blossoms take over the entire mountain; in summer, you can enjoy the refreshing valley area; in the fall, the sound of birds singing is everywhere; and in winter, harsh winds swirl around the snow-capped Dongnipbong Peak.
By starting the course from Sanjae and continuing past Mujigaeteo, Sungyeol Rock of Hwangmae Fortress and Guksadang hikers can take in the view of the alpine rhododendron-covered mountainside.
|* Course 1 : Mosanjae (모산재) parking lot – Mosanjae – Yeongamsa Temple Site (영암사지) – Mosanjae parking lot (2 hours)
* Course 2 : Mosanjae parking lot – Mosanjae – Rhododendron Woods (철쭉제단) – Dakbyeoseul Rock (닭벼슬바위) – Deokman (덕만) parking lot (3 hours)
* Course 3 : Deokman parking lot – Dongnip House (독립가옥) – Bakdeom (박덤) – Three-way Junction – Three Peaks - Mt. Hwangmaesan Summit – Rhododendron Woods – Mosanjae – Mujigaeteo (무지개터) – Mosanjae parking lot (6 hours)
* Course 4 : Daebyeong Hageum Valley (대병 하금계곡) – Three Peaks – Three-way Junction – Daebyeong-myeon Office (대병면소재지) (5 hours)
* Course 5 : Daebyeong Hageum Valley – Three Peaks – Three-way Junction – Bakdeom – Dongnip House - Deokman parking lot (6 hours)
* Course 6 : Daebyeong Hageum Valley – Three Peaks – Mt. Hwangmaesan Summit – Rhododendron Woods - Mosanjae parking lot (6 hours)
|2 sectors, 250 spaces|
|Take a bus from Seoul’s Nambu Bus Terminal to Hapcheon. The bus runs five times per day from 10:08 to 16:45. Travel time is roughly four and a half hours. At Hapcheon Terminal, take a bus headed for Gahoe or Deokman. The bus departs at 07:30, 10:10, 12:30, 13:20, 14:20, 15:40, and 18:10 and the trip takes about 40 minutes.|