goto content

  • sitemap
  • sign up
  • my page
  • visitkorea on Facebook
  • visitkorea on Twitter
  • visitkorea on YouTube
  • visitkorea on RSS


Korea Banner (Left)


Gyeonggi-do » Yongin-si » Korean Deung-Jan Museum (한국등잔박물관)

print

Korean Deung-Jan Museum (한국등잔박물관)    
Korean Deung-Jan Mus...
Korean Deung-Jan Mus...
prev  
  • Korean Deung-Jan Mus...
  • Korean Deung-Jan Museum (한국등잔박물관)
  • Korean Deung-Jan Museum (한국등잔박물관)
  • Korean Deung-Jan Museum (한국등잔박물관)
  • no image
next
view pictures
Address
8, Neunggongro56Beon-gil, Mohyeon-myeon, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do
경기도 용인시 처인구 모현면 능곡로56번길 8
Inquiries
• 1330 tt call center: +82-31-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info +82-31-334-0797
Operating Hours
October ~ March 10:00 - 17:00
April ~ September 10:00 - 18:00
Closed
Closed on Mondays and Thesdays
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
Introduction
Deungjan (등잔, Korean lamps) that used to light up the nights in Korea, and have all but disappeared into the ‘back streets’ of history, have now been gathered together in one place – the Korean Deung-Jan Museum (한국등잔박물관) – where their enchanting flames are once again illuminating Korea. Based on materials that were collected for roughly 40 years by the now octogenarian Dr. Kim Dong-hwi, the Korean Deung-Jan Museum was established in September 1997 as a theme museum of Gyeonggi Province in Neungwon-ri, Mohyeon-myeon, Yongin City, Gyeonggi Province. The museum was built to mimic the image of the fortress walls in Hwaseong, Suwon, and as a result the building bears a resemblance to a lighthouse. The first and second floors of the building, which has one underground floor and three floors above ground, are exhibition halls. The basement floor is a rest area for seminars and a wide range of performances. There is also an outdoor exhibition space that measures around 2,644 m2 and includes native rocks, various types of trees, and a pond.
Founding Organization
Kim Dong-hwi
Exhibition Hall Information
○ Exhibition hall on the first floor
The first-floor exhibition hall shows how Korean lamps were used in the daily lives of Koreans in the past. Folk products used in those times are also on display, giving th e visitors a richer and more complete expecience.

○ Exhibition hall on the second floor
There is the ‘Lamps in History’, ‘Lamps of Beauty’ and the ‘Special Exhibition Hall’. The second floor exhibits leading examples of lamps for different eras, forms, materials, utilities, and production techniques.

○ Outdoor exhibition hall
There are various seongmul (stone figures placed before a tomb) and folk products exhibited in the garden of the museum, including stone lanterns and platters, and millstones worked by a horse or ox.

○ Sangudang
The underground floor of the museum is called the Sangudang (a civil minister during the Joseon era). It is a multipurpose cultural space with 150 seats for performances, special exhibitions, seminars, and symposiums.
Admission / Participation Fees
Adults 4,000 won / Youths 2,500 won / Children 2,000 won
Directions
Take bus no. 1500 at Yangjae station in Seoul, get off at the Neunggol Three-way Junction in Neungwon-ri, Mohyeon-myeon, walk in the direction of Suwon for 300 meters, cross the bridge at the entrance of the burial ground of Jeong Mongju (Korean scholar during the Goryeo Dynasty) and walk 600 meters.
Homepage
www.deungjan.or.kr (Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)

Related Tour Packages

Data not found



Quick Menu Quick Menu

Reservation