|Gyeongju Yangdong Village [UNESCO World Heritage] (경주 양동마을 [유네스코 세계문화유산])|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
Gyeongju Yangdong Village (양동마을) is Korea’s largest traditional village, showcasing the traditional culture of the Joseon Dynasty and the beautiful natural surroundings. Thanks to its many cultural heritages, including treasures, national treasures, and folklore materials, the entire village has been designated as a cultural heritage site. Many people have visited this village to see its wealth of cultural heritages and scenic surroundings. Charles, Prince of Wales, visited this village in 1993.
Mt. Seolchangsan and its four spines of mountains can be seen beyond the village. Approximately 160 old houses and 500-year-old thatched-roof cottages are nestled within the valley. Fifty-four of these homes, are over 200 years old and have been excellently preserved in their original state, offering a rare opportunity to view a variety of unique Korean traditional houses in person.
|Important Folklore Material NO.189 / UNESCO World Heritage|
|Tour Course Information|
|- Tour Route 1 (Hachon): Ihyangjeong Pavilion – Narrow Trail – Ganghakdang Village School – Simsujeong Pavilion (20 minute hike)
- Tour Route 2 (Mulbonggol): Hachon – Mucheomdang House – Daeseongheon House – Mulbong Peak – Mulbong Hill – Narrow Trail – Mulbong Peak (1 hour hike)
- Tour Route 3 (Hill at the Back of Sujoldang): Mulbong Peak – Gyeongsan Confucian School – Hill at the Back of Sujoldang – Sujoldang House (30 minute hike)
- Tour Route 4 (Naegok): Geunam Old House – Sangchunheon House – Sahodang House – Seobaekdang Village School – Nakseondang Village School (1 hour hike)
- Tour Route 5 (Dugok): Dugok Old House – Dugok Yeongdang Shrine – Hachon (30 minute hike)
- Tour Route 6: Hyangdan House – Gwangajeong Pavilion – Jeongchung Monument (1 hour hike)
|[Traditional Culture Experience]
* Confucian Culture Class - general etiquette, wedding, ancestral ritual formalities, cultural heritage
* Tradition experience and Hanok Stay
|Summer (Apr-Oct) until 9:00 / Winter (Nov-Mar) until18:00
※ The above times are not strictly enforced but it is best to comply to respect the privacy of the residents.
|Individuals: Adults 4,000 won / Teens & the Military 2,000 won / Children 1,500 won
Groups: Adults 3,400 won / Teens & the Military 1,700 won / Children 1,200 won
※ Groups: 30 people or more
※ Children (elementary school students) / Teens (middle, high school students)
※ Seniors (ages 65 or older), children (ages 6 or younger), people with disability (ID required) and men of national merit: Free admission
※ Free admission day: Seollal (Lunar New Year’s Day), Jeongwol Daeborem, Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day), Children’s day (only children)
|Facilities for the Handicapped|
|Some of the footpaths in the village are paved while some are unpaved. Cars can also enter the village. Admission can be limited when there is a high volume of tourists. There are no designated restrooms for the disabled and most entrances have narrow doorways or uneven ground that might restrict wheelchair access.|
Seoul to Gyeongju
From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal (Gangbyeon Station (Seoul Subway Line 2, Exit 4))
-Take a bus to Gyeongju (Travel Times: 4hrs. / First bus at 07:00, last bus at 24:00)
From Seoul Station, take train to Singyeongju station.
(Express KTX Line; operates 20 times a day / Travel Times: 2 hours)
* Operating hours changes on week and weekend.
From Seoul Station, take train to Gyeongju.
(KTX - Mugunghwa Line; operates 18 times a day, stop at Dongdaegu station / Travel Times: 3 hours)
Dong Seoul Bus Terminal: +82-1688-5979
Gyeongju Intercity Bus Terminal Service Center +82-1666-5599
Gyeongju Intercity Bus Terminal +82-54-772-2377
Gyeongju Express Bus Terminal +82-54-741-4000
Singyeongju to Gyeongju Yangdong Village
From Singyeongju or Gyeongju Express Bus Terminal, take bus 203, 212, 252, 200, 203, 205, 206, 207, 208
- Get off at Yangdongminsongmaeul station (Yang-dong Folk Village)
Bus operator: Cheonnyeonmiso +82-54-742-2690