|Cheollipo Arboretum (천리포수목원)|
|Cheollipo Arboretum located in Taean Coast National Marine Park was built in 1966 by C. Ferris Miller. The park currently contains approximately 14,000 different plant species, including some rare and endangered species. [Suggestion: Officially recognized by the International Society of Arboriculture, the arboretum is one of the most beautiful in Korea.
This arboretum consists of 7 areas (ex: Main Garden, Dakseom Island, Sea Dune Area, etc.) on a 595,044m² (180,000 pyeong) of land. Almost 7,000 different species have been collected for nearly 3 decades. The arboretum also enjoys a coastal climate, and can sustain a variety of plant species from subarctic to subtropical environments. Tours are available throughout the year.
The value of Magnolia kobus (1,800 plants in 450 species) and Ilex cornuta (400 species) received international recognition during the hosting of the World Magnolia kobus Seminar in 1997 and World Ilex cornuta Seminar in 1998. Additionally, thanks to the balanced and healthy ecosystem, a variety of birds (nearly 60 species per year) and insects also make their homes in this arboretum.
* Capacity: 60ha, 7,000 different species (Native: 1,000, alien: 6,000)
1) Buildings: 15 buildings (1487.61m², 450 pyeong), 3 traditional houses, 1 thatched cottage, 4 modern-style traditional houses
2) Greenhouse: 11 greenhouses (3305.8m², 1,000 pyeong)
3) Pond: 7 ponds
|Open 365 days a year|
|April - October 09:00~18:00
Winter season (November - March(next year)) 09:00~17:00
|- December to March: Adults 6,000 won / Students 4,000 won / Children 3,000 won / Special discount 4,000 won
- April to November: Adults 8,000 won / Students 5,000 won / Children 4,000 won / Special discount 5,000 won
- April 19 – June 1: Adults 10,000 won / Students 5,000 won / Children 4,000 won / Special discount 5,000 won
※ Adults (Ages 19 and over) / Children (Ages 4 and over)
※ Free entry: People with disabilities, infants under 4, tour guides (1 person per group of 15 for preschool students / 1 person per group of 30 for elementary, middle and high school groups)
※ Group discount: 1,000 won discount for 30 people or more
※ ID required for discount offers
|Interpretation Services Offered|
|- Fee: 30,000 won for language service for group of 15 people (1 group)
- Language guide
Summer season (April - November) 9:00-11:00, 13:30-17:00
Winter season (December - March) 9:30-11:00, 13:00-16:00
※ If visitors are more than 30 minutes late past their reservation time, reservations may be cancelled without further notice.
|- Take the bus to Taean at Seoul Nambu Terminal (departure every 40 minutes (06:40-20:00), 2 hour and 20 minute ride)
- Board the bus to Cheollipo Arboretum at Taean Bus Terminal (Departure 8 times a day (06:40, 07:40, 09:30, 12:10, 13:50, 16:00, 17:35, 19:30), 35 minute ride)