|Cheongnamdae Presidential Villa (청남대)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|The Cheongnamdae (청남대) is a presidential vacation villa located near Daecheong Dam (대청댐) in Cheongwon-gu, Chungcheongbuk-do. The former president Chun Doo-hwan was greatly impressed by the scenic surroundings while attending the ceremony for the completion of Daecheong Dam in 1980. The construction of Cheongnamdae started in June, 1983 and was completed in six months (December). Cheongnamdae, built on a 560,000 pyeong-wide area, means ‘Cheongwadae in a warm southern land’ in Korean. South Korean presidents would stay in this remote vacation villa 4-5 times (or sometimes 7-8 times) a year during summer vacation or national holidays. In total, Korean presidents have stayed here nearly 400 days over 88 visits in two decades.
There were four presidential villas including the one in Gimhae in the past. During Kim Young-sam’s administration, however, all but Cheongnamdae were closed. Cheongnamdae, which had been closed to the public for twenty years, was finally opened to the public on April 18, 2003 by former president Roh Moo-hyun. Visitors can view a music fountain inside the ecological wetland garden (990㎡), hike a 3.3km mountain trail and visit the Hoban Promenade (8km), or simply take a pleasant walk along a beautiful trail, and enjoy the scenic landscape of Daecheongho Lake.
* Geographical Location
Cheongnamdae is located in Munui-myeon, Cheongwon-gun, Chungcheongbuk-do. Encircled by mountain peaks including Oksaebong Peak, Wolchulbong Peak, Mt. Jakdusan and Sowibong Peak, it is completely hidden. The beautiful Daecheongho Lake surrounds the presidential vacation villa as well and many feng-shui masters have declared this spot to be the finest in Korea.
1) Site area: 330 land parcel area, 558,000 pyeong (1,844,628.1 ㎡)
2) Buildings: 46 houses / 3,377 pyeong (11,163.64 ㎡)
|Every Monday, New Year's Day, Seollal, Chuseok and holidays|
|1hr 30min- 2hr|
|09:00-18:00 (February- November)
( First Admission: 30 min before opening / Last Admission : 30 min before closing)
|Adults 5,000 won / Group 4,000 won
Youths 4,000 won / Group 3,000 won
Children and Seniors 3,000 won / Group 2,000 won
* Free - aged under 6, disabled visitors and their helpers (To gain free admission, visitors must bring their ID card)
* Visitors traveling independently will need to take a bus from the ticket office to Cheongnamdae.
(Cheongnamdae Bus Fees 2,400 won)
* Groups - 30 or more people.
* Credit cards accepted.
* Admission Fees after 17:00: 1,000 won discount
* Parking requires online reservation in advance.
- Board the bus to Cheongju at Dong Seoul Terminal (Departure 8 times a day (06:50-09:10), 1 hour and 30 minute ride)
- Board the bus to Munui (No. 311) at the Cheongju (Express) Bus Terminal (Departure every 30 minutes, 50 minute ride)
- Get tickets at Cheongnamdae Ticket Office in Munui and board the bus to Cheongnamdae