|Daegeumgul Cave (대금굴)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Daegeumgul Cave (대금굴) is believed to be as old as Hwanseongul and Gwaneumgul Caves located nearby. The entrance to the cave was not exposed until 2003 when an excavation project revealed the entrance, and after a long preparatory period, the cave was opened to the public. This newly opened, well-preserved cave is filled with limestone features such as stalactites, and a considerable amount of water flows through the cave creating waterfalls, both large and small, along with numerous ponds. You can also visit the ecological park, built in harmony with the natural environment of the cave and the surrounding area. Also, take Korea’s first cave monorail 140 meters deep into the cave, and be sure to stop by the Visitor Centre where you can learn about the significance of natural caves. Because of its fascinating features, Daegeumgul Cave is fast becoming a popular tourist attraction in the Donghae area.
Sections of Daegeumgul Cave
● Artificial Tunnel Section: The 140-meter stretch from the entrance of the cave is a man-made tunnel and the route for the monorail.
● Waterfall/Platform Section: There is an 8-meter high, natural waterfall and the platform for the cave monorail.
● Stalactite Section: This section contains various subterranean features such as rim pools, stalactite pillars, bacon sheets, cave shields, cave pearls, deformed stalactites, and helictites. Many stalactites even come together, forming a smaller rounded cavern within cave's main halls.
● Lake Section: There is a cave lake that is 60 meters long, 30 meters wide, and 8 to 9 meters deep, and a considerable amount of clean underground water flows through it.
|June 5, 2007|
|Around 1hr, 30min|
|Tour Course Information|
| ● Saecheonnyeon Coastal Road (Scenic Drive Course):
Samcheok Shore → Samcheok Beach → Beach Sculpture Park → Tower of Wish →
Samcheok Raw Fish Restaurant → Samcheokhang Port
● Route 1: Hwanseongul Cave
● Route 2: Cave Theme Exposition, Museum, Jukseoru, Tower of Wish, Beach Sculpture Park, Raw Fish Town
● Route 3: Haesindang Park, FishingVillage Folk Museum, Hwang Yeong Jo Memorial Park, Tower of Wish, Beach Sculpture Park
|40 people at a time|
20-64): 12,000 won / Group: 10,000 won
Youths (ages 13-19): 8,500 won / Group: 7,500 won
Children (ages 7-12): 6,000 won / Group: 5,000 won
Seniors (ages over 65): 6,000 won / Group: 5,100 won
* Group: 30 people or more
|Compact cars: 500 won
Small cars: 1,000 won
Buses: 2,000 won
|Reservation Info. for Natives|
|Online Reservation (Korean)|
Intercity Bus Terminal, take a bus bound for Hwanseongul Cave (환선굴).
* Bus Info.
06:10, 08:20, 10:20, 14:20, 17:20, 18:50 (subject to change) / Travel time: 40min