|KT&G Sangsangmadang Hongdae (KT&G 상상마당 홍대)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|The Sangsangmadang is located right in the middle of the Hongik University district, better known as the Hongdae area. This is the city’s main student area and it’s a cauldron of vibrant energy and creativity. The eleven-story Sangsangmadang building houses a cinema, live performance hall, art gallery, and studio.
On the first floor there is an art square, which displays and sells crafts and accessories handmade by designers. On the second floor is an art gallery displaying artwork by Korea’s contemporary artists, and work by Korea’s young artists is available for sale on the third floor, offering a glimpse into today’s young society in Korea. In the basement cinema, independent films from Korea and abroad are shown, and the underground live performance hall features various performances such as music, dance and theater.
|7th Floor to 4th Floor Basement|
|1) Sangsang Do Dream
2) Yangpyeong Cultural Center
|6F - Cafe 10:00 - 22:00
5F - Studio / CineLab 10:00 - 22:00
4F - Academy 13:00 - 22:00
3F - Art Market 13:00 - 22:00
2F - Gallery 13:00 - 22:00
1F - Art Square 12:00 - 23:00
B1~2 - Live Hall
B3~4 - Cinema
|1) Online reservation system:
2) Box office: +82-2-330-6262~3
3) Guided tours of the art center available (Korean) – Weekends at 5pm.
Groups of over 20 people can arrange tours by reserving 2 days in advance (+82-2-330-6206)
Hongdae (Hongik University) Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 5.
- After exiting the station, continue walking straight.
- Take the left turn immediately following VIPS restaurant.
- Keep walking along that road until you come to the Tourism Information Center.
- At this point, cross the road, and turn right off the main road into a shopping street.
- Walk along this street for about 10mins, until you find the Sangsangmadang (상상마당) on your right.
Hapjeong Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), come out of exit number 3.
- Walk for about 5-10 minutes.
Sangsu Station (Seoul Subway Line 6), Exit 1.
- Walk for about 5 minutes.
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)