|Cheongsando Island (전남 완도 청산 [슬로시티])|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Located off the southern coast of the Korean peninsula, Cheongsando Island is part of the Dadohae National Park. As such, traces of battles against outside forces remain on the island, where approximately 2,600 people currently reside in pursuit of "happiness of slow life." Moreover, Cheongsando Island features numerous tourist attractions including stone artifacts, walking trails, and filming locations of Korean movie "Seopyeonje" and Korean TV drama series "Waltz of Spring."
Previously known as Seonsan, Seonwon, and Geumsongji, Cheongsando Island, which literally means "Blue Mountain Island" as given its name in 1483 for its green mountains and blue sea. In 1681, a navy camp was set up on the island to fight off a series of outside invasions. The island then became a military hub of the southern coastal region, which, on December 23, 1981, was designated as Dodohae National Park.
1) Docheong-ri Village Port → Seopyeonje (5.7㎞)
2) Yeonae Batang-gil Road → Dolmen Village → Gatdol Pebble Beach (2.4㎞)
3) Gujang-ri Village → Gwondeok-ri Village (1.8㎞)
4) Gwondeok-ri Village → Beombawi Rock (1.8㎞)
5) Beombawi Rock → Cheonggye-ri Village → Sangseo-ri Village (6㎞)
6) Sangseo-ri Village → Dongcheon-ri Village → Hangdo Island (3.3㎞)
1) Goseongsan Mountain (9㎞): Docheong-ri Village Port → Goseongsan Mountain → Beombawi Rock → Gwondeok-ri Village
2) Daeseongsan Mountain (6.7㎞): Docheong-ri Village Port → Daeseong-san Mountain → Daebongsan Mountain → Osan Mountain → Jinsan-ri Village → Baekryeonamsa Temple → Yang-ri Village
3) Eup-ri Village (3㎞): Gugan-ri Village → Bojeoksam Mountain → Goseongsan Mountain → Cheonggye-ri Village
4) Maebaongsan Mountain (4.5㎞): Cheonggye-ri Village/Wondong-ri Village → Maebongsan Village → Sangseo-ri Village
|Accommodations, restaurants, convenience stores, supermarket, Nonghyup Bank, National Parks Office, Council building (free Internet), health clinic, police station|
|To Cheongsando Island
Take a passenger ferry bound for Cheongsando Island from Wando passenger ferry terminal.
Ferry schedule: 07:00, 08:00, 11:00, 12:00, 14:30, 17:20
Estimated travel time: 45 minutes
One-way fare: 7.150 won
From Cheongsando Island
Take a passenger ferry from Cheongsando Island to Wando passenger ferry terminal.
Ferry schedule: 06:50, 07:00, 09:30, 13:00, 16:00, 17:00
Estimated travel time: 45 minutes
One-way fare: 6,500 won
※ Ferry schedule is subject to change, depending on the season and weather conditions.
|* Taxis: +82-61-552 8519 / +82-11-624-8747 (Private)
* Tourist shuttle bus: +82-61-555-3545
* Local bus: +82-10-6428-9432
* Local ferry: The Seomsarang #3 passenger ferry departs from Wando-gun at 14:00 every day, and stops at Cheongsando Island on route to Yeosodo, Somodo, Moseodo, Modongdo, and Jangdo Islands.
|Most accommodations are located in Docheong-ri Village Port. Outer villages also have minbak(inn)-style accommodations.
Address: 35 Cheongsan-ro
|Nearby Tourist Attractions|
|Sangseo-ri Village stone walls, Chobun grass tombs, Eup-ri Village dolmen, Beombawi Rock, Jinsan Beach, Singheung-ri Beach, Gatdol Pebble Beach, Jiri Beach, Baekryeonamsa Temple, Sungmosa Shrine, filming locations (Seopyeonje, Waltz of Spring)|