|Imcheonggak House (안동 임청각)|
|The Imcheonggak Pavilion was built as a home during the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1919) because of one aristocratic family’s love for the scenic beauty of the surrounding area. The most famous structure on this property is the annexed pavilion. Imcheonggak is designated Treasure No.182. Thankfully this structure was untouched during the Japanese invasion taking place from 1592-1598.
An autograph of the famous Confucius scholar, Lee Hwang (1501-1570), can be found hanging outside the pavilion.
|Splitting firewood, heating Ondol (heated floor) room, cooking rice with hard boiled eggs and pumpkin leaves in a traditional caldron, baking potatoes and corn in a furnace, making noodle snacks and nurungji (rice crusts), roasting chestnuts in a brazier, eating Andong Guksi (dinner) on a straw mat, making traditional Andong Guksi sujebi (soup dumplings), neolttwigi (Korean see-saw), a game of tuho (arrow-throwing) and yut (traditional game using four sticks), fishing in a pond, fumigating mosquitoes.|
|Facility Utilization Fees|
|- Main room
(maximum capacity: 6 people) + secret room + electric Ondol (heated floor):
- Big-sized room (maximum capacity: 6 people) + Ondol: 100,000 won
- Mid-sized room (maximum capacity: 2 people) + Ondol: 50,000 won
- Sarangchae (Detached house) (Maximum capacity: 2 people) + Ondol: 70,000 won
- 2 Haengnangchae (servants’ quarters) rooms (maximum capacity: 2 people per room) + electric Ondol: 50,000 won
- Byeoldang (Separate house with 3 rooms) + Daecheongmaru (Bamboo floor) + pond + electric Ondol: 200,000 won
* Reservations and 10% deposit required.
|Take a bus from Dong Seoul Bus Terminal (Ganbyeong Station, Subway Line 2) to Andong Intercity Bus Terminal.
(Bus schedule: 06:00-23:00, 20min intervals / Estimated travel time: 2hr 50min)
Take Bus 3 from Andong Intercity Bus Terminal to Imcheonggak (임청각).
(As there are not many official bus stops, tell the driver your destination upon boarding.)
Get off at Imcheonggak bus stop, and go through the Beopheung underground passage to arrive at Imcheonggak.