|Gyeongju Poseokjeongji (Poseokjeong Pavilion) (경주 포석정지)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Standing on a rock next to a stream, Poseokjeongji (Poseokjeong Pavilion
- surface area 7,432㎡) was designated as private monument No.1 on January 21, 1963. The location is originally where the royal villa of the Silla Kingdom (57 B.C.~A.D. 935) had been, but the building no longer exists, and only a stone waterway shaped as a shell is left in its place.
Poseokjeongji (Poseokjeong Pavilion) was named so as the shape of the rock grooves, winding and shaped like an abalone. Poseokjeong is built with 63 kinds of rock materials. It is 35cm wide, 26cm deep on average, and the total length is about 10 meters. It is said that the Namsan Valley water was brought here, and was spewed out through a stone turtle, but the stone turtle does not remain today.
This is where the Silla Kings had come with their officials and nobles. It is said that they would float their wine glasses on the water where the water would flow along the stone groove, and they would recite poems before their glasses floated up to them.
Next to Poseokjeongji (Poseokjeong Pavilion), Poseok valley was also much loved by the Silla people for its clean water and beautiful features. That is precisely why the palace villa of Silla was built here. Nowadays there are zelkovas, pine and bamboo woods preserving the cozy and relaxing atmosphere.
|Historic Site No. 1 (Designated on January 21, 1963)|
|N/A (Open all year round)|
|Small cars: 34 parking spaces / Large car: 19 parking spaces
* Parking Fees - (S) 2,000 won / (L) 4,000 won
|Individual: Adults 1,000 won / Students 600 won / Children 400 won
Group: Adults 800 won / Students 500 won / Children 300 won
* Group: 30 people or more
Entry to 6 sites: Daereungwon Ancient Tomb, Donggunggwawolji (Anapji Pond), Poseokjeong Pavilion Site, Five Royal Tombs, Tomb of Kim Yu-sin, Tomb of King Muyeol
Individual: Adults 8,000 won / Youths 4,800 won / Children 2,800 won
Group: Adults 6,400 won / Youths 4,000 won / Children 2,200 won
- The ticket is available at Donggunggwawolji (Anapji Pond), Poseokjeong Pavilion Site, Five Royal Tombs, Tomb of Kim Yu-sin and Tomb of King Muyeol.
- The ticket remains valid for use 3 days after purchase. (* Please be advised that after using the ticket, it can only be used for that day and will become non-refundable.)
- One ticket can be issued regardless of the number of visitors.
|Seoul to Gyeongju
From Seoul Station, take a train to Singyeongju station.
(Express KTX Line: operates 20 times a day / Travel Time: 2 hours)
* Operating hours changes on week and weekend.
From Seoul Station, take a train to Gyeongju Station.
(KTX - Mugunghwa Line: operates 18 times a day, stops at Dongdaegu Station / Travel Time: 3 hours)
From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus bound for Gyeongju Intercity Bus Terminal. (Operates 25 times a day / Travel Time: 4 hours)
Dong Seoul Bus Terminal: +82-1688-5979
Gyeongju Intercity Bus Terminal Service Center +82-1666-5599 / Office: +82-54-772-2377
Gyeongju Intercity Bus Terminal +82-54-772-2377
Gyeongju Express Bus Terminal +82-54-741-4000
Korail Customer Service: +82-1544-7788 / English service: +82-1599-7777
Gyeongju to Poseokjeongji
From Gyeongju Intercity Bus Terminal or Gyeongju Station, take Bus 500 and get off at Poseokjeong Entrance.
From Singyeongju Station, take Bus 70 or 700 to Shinhan Bank Sageori (4-way Intersection) Bus Stop. Transfer to Bus 500 and get off at Poseokjeong Entrance Bus Stop.