|Soyangho Lake (소양호-춘천)|
|Constructed in 1973, Soyangdam is the largest rock filled dam in Asia. As the waterway is used to bridge together cities, Soyangho Lake which is the largest artificial lake in Korea is called ‘the sea inside the land.’
Soyangho Lake has the largest fishing farm, and is called the fresh-water fish museum because more than 50 kinds of fresh-water fish such as cyprinus carpio nudu, trout, carp, eel, and smelt live here. The valleys around the lake is especially famous for smelt fishing in the winter, and nearby are Cheongpyeongsa Temple built in the Goryeo Dynasty and Mt. Obongsan. There are the Yanggu Prehistoric Museum, the 4th tunnel, Eulji Observatory, Pallang Waterfall, Hugok Mineral Spring, Cheonmi Valley, Wolmyeong valley, Suipcheon and Yang-gu Pallang Folk Center on the Yanggu area. The upper area of Soyangho Lake is the Injegun area and includes Gyeongnojeong. There is a ferry terminal and other facilities at the top of the dam.
|Facility Utilization Fees|
- Route: Soyang Dam - Soyangho Lake
- Fare: Adults: 12,000 won / Children: 6,000 won
- Travel time: 60min
- Route: Soyang Dam - Cheongpyeongsa
- Round-trip ticket: Adults: 6,000 won / Children: 4,000 won
- Travel time: 40min (round-trip) / 10min (one-way)
|1) From Chuncheon Station,
take bus 12-1 to Soyang Dam.
2) From Namchuncheon Station, take bus 11 or 12-1 to Soyang Dam.