|Korean Folk Village (한국민속촌)|
|Set in a natural environment occupying approximately 243 acres, visitors can experience the natural atmosphere with over 260 traditional houses reminiscent of the late Joseon Dynasty, including various household goods from different regions. All these features have been relocated and restored to provide visitors with a broad understanding of Korean food, clothing, and housing style of the past.
About twenty workshops, various handicrafts such as pottery, baskets, winnows, bamboo wares, wooden wares, paper, brass wares, knots, fans, musical instruments, iron wares and embroidery are practiced. In the Korean Folk Village, where the customs and lifestyles of the past generations have been carefully preserved, various lifestyles prevalent during the Joseon Dynasty can be seen.
You can visit the Folk Museum as well as the Art Museum (scheduled to open) to see and learn about the essence of Korean culture and folk customs, which are not suitable for display and re-creating in the open-air setting.
Korean Folk Village is also the filming location for the famous movie Scandal as well as the TV miniseries Daejanggeum.
※ Folk Performance Schedule
|N/A (Open all year round)|
|* Korean folk play experience program : Tuho (arrow throwing), Neoldduigi (seesaw jumping), rope-jumping, swing
* Traditional life experience program : Carry an Chige(A-frame), Smoothing cloth by pounding
|Small cars: 2,000 won
Large vehicles: 3,000 won
|Reservation Info. for Foreigners|
|English, Japanese, Chinese
* Advanced reservations are required for guided tour.
|Baby Stroller Rentals|
|Available (rental fees 2,000 won / deposit 1,000 won)|
* Pets must be on a leash at all times
* Large pets are not permitted
1) Gangnam Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 10.
Take bus 5001-1 to Korean Folk Village.
2) Yeouido Station (Seoul Subway Line 5), Exit 6.
Take bus 7007-1 to Korean Folk Village 3-way Junction.
3) Suwon Station (Seoul Subway Line 1), Exit 4.
Take bus 10-5 or 37 to Korean Folk Village.
- From Folk Village Office in front of Suwon Station to Korean Folk Village
- Schedule: runs 5 times a day/ 10:30, 12:30, 14:30 (30min-ride)