|Muju Taekwondowon (무주태권도원)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Taekwondowon is a place for practicing “change” with the aim of cultivating the spirit of taekwondo through physical training and the endless quest for mastery of this martial arts form. Some 45 training and experience hands-on programs are offered under the themes of experience, training, rest, and interest. The programs are open to anyone who is interested in training the mind and the body through taekwondo, including local and international taekwondo practitioners, business groups, students, and general public.|
|Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (Taekwondo Promotion Foundation), Jeollabuk-do, Muju-gun|
|Taekwondo Promotion Foundation|
|[Single-day Training and Interactive Program]
- Taekwondo Demonstration: Twice daily 11:00 & 14:00 (No performance on Tuesday)
- Training & Experience Program: All Together Taekwondo / Challenge! King of Breaking
[IT Experience of Taekwondo (Experience Center Yap!)]
*For more details, please refer to official homepage.
|Programs Available for Foreigners|
|Taekwondo Cultural Experience (basic positions of Taekwondo, healing therapy, cultural experience program, taekwondowon tour, more)|
|Age Limit for Activities|
|Open to visitors of all ages. (Certain program participation may have an age limit)|
|Exhibition Hall Information|
Taekwondo Museum is the world’s first and the largest taekwondo-themed museum. The museum features the essence of taekwondo as Korea’s representative cultural sport throughdisplaying the history of taekwondo's development, various training and sparring equipment, souvenirs, other taekwondo related materials, etc.
- Permanent Exhibition: Understanding Taekwondo, Change in Body, Mind, and Life & Spread of Taekwondo
- Special Exhibition
|Admission / Participation Fees|
|Allowed (Guide dogs only)|
|Available (Small-sized cars: 595, Large-sized car: 41 / Total 636 car)|
1) From Seoul Nambu Terminal, take a bus to Muju Intercity Bus Terminal.
- From the bus stop across the street from the terminal, take Local Bus (Muju-Seolcheon) and get off at Onpyeong (온평) Bus Stop (11 bus stops away). Walk along the road in the direction the bus is going and the venue will be on your right.
2) From Seoul Nambu Terminal, take a bus bound for Gucheon-dong Bus Stop.
- Transfer to Local Bus (Seolcheon) and get off at Gucheon-dong Bus Stop. Transfer to Local Bus (Seolcheon) (Gucheon-dong, Sangojeong) and get off at Seolcheon Bus Terminal Bus Stop. The place is about 11-minute walk from the bus stop.
tkdwon.kr (Korean, English, Chinese)