|Naganeupseong Folk Village (낙안읍성)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Naganeupseong Folk Village is located in Jeollanam-do Province, and contains a town castle that is over 18,000 Pyeong (1 pyeong = 3.3 sq m) in size. Within the east, south and west of the castle, about 100 families still reside, and the castle area has been very well preserved. You can observe the daily dwellings indigenous to the south provincial area such as the kitchen area, the clay rooms, and Korean-style verandas. There are also 9 houses designated as important cultural resources, and numerous straw-roof houses as well. The folk village’s other source of pride is the monument of General Im Kyeong-Eop (1594~1646). At every first full moon of the new year, they hold a ritual ceremony and celebration at the general’s monument, with games such as seesaw jumping, swings, and other folk activities.
When you enter the front gate of Naganeupseong Folk Village, on the east side of the castle (called “Nakpung-ru”), you see a straight road leading to town. Follow along this road and you will come across the General Im Kyeong-Eop Monument, resource center, and other interesting sites. You may also walk to the end of this road, climb up to the castle itself, and walk along the castle wall to the south. The entire castle is exceptionally well-preserved, and you can view the whole town from the top level.
|Historical site No. 302 (Designated on June 14, 1983)|
|N/A (Open all year round)|
- Learning gugak (Korean traditional music)
- Traditional Korean Musical Instrument: Janggu (Korean double-headed drum), Buk( Korean one-headed drum), Daegeum (Korean large bamboo flute)
- Natural Dyeing Fabric & Clothes (Yeomigo) : Making natural dye from red clay or plants such as persicaria tinctoria, persimmon tannin and marigold
- Weaving & silkworms experience: weaving hemp cloth, breeding silkworms
- Naganseodang (traditional Korean school experience) : Calligraphic writing, traditional etiquette, writing family motto in calligraphic writing.
- Making Hanji art: making artcrafts out of Hanji (traditional Korean paper)
- Making straw art: twisting straws and making sandals out of straw.
- Blacksmithing demonstration: Pulmujil, farm utensils using demonstration
- Making Ceramics (pottery) Experience: making plate, cup
- Rural farm experience: rice harvest called ‘holte’, metadol (millstone to grind grain), using mortar and pestle
- Mailbox in a straw roofed house: Wishing letter, postcard writing
- Wooden craft
- Bamboo Swing
- Changing of guards
- Gayageum performances
- Gugak (traditional Korean martial art music performed)
- Traditional etiquette & Tea ceremony
- Riding an ox cart
|Available (around east and west gates)|
|Adults (ages over 19): 4,000 won
/ Group: 3,000 won
Youths (ages 13-18): 2,500 won / Group: 2,000 won
Children (ages 7-12): 1,500 won / Group: 1,000 won
* Group: 20 people or more
|Inns, restaurants, gift shops, snack shops, etc.|
|Interpretation Services Offered|
|Guided Tour available in Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese.
|Baby Stroller Rentals|
|Available for 7 month to 2 year olds (limited number)|
From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal or Seoul Central City Bus Terminal.
-Take an intercity bus to Suncheon Intercity Bus Terminal.
From Suncheon Bus Terminal, cross Suncheon 3(sam)-gil street.
- Walk along Palmaro st. to the bus stop.
- Take bus 16, 61, 63 or 68 to Naganeupseong Folk Village. (50 min-ride)