|Geumjeongsan Mountain (금정산)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Geumjeongsan has historically been considered as a mountain conducive to the defense of the country. For this reason, Beomeosa, a leading temple believed to defend and protect the country, was built along Geumjeongsanseong Fortress, the nation’s largest fortress built in The Three Kingdoms period. Geumjeongsan Mountain has Godangbong Peak, the main peak rising 801.5 meters above sea level, as well as Janggunbong Peak (727 meters) in the north, Sanggyebong Peak (638 meters) in the south, and Baegyangsan Mountain (642 meters) behind Seongjigok Valley. In between these peaks are numerous other smaller peaks like Wonhyobong, Uisangbong, Mireukbong, Daeryukbong, Paryubong, and Dongjebong.
There are 14 mineral springs in Geumjeongsan Mountain. The springs are used by hikers, and serve as a water source for people living nearby. With 2,300 types of trees and 600 or so types of animals, the mountain is a habitat for wild life. Nearby, there are various tourist sites such as Dongnae Spa, Geumgang Gongwon Park, Beomeosa Temple, Gukcheongsa Temple, Geumjeongsanseong Fortress, and Sanseong Maeul Village.
|N/A (Open all year round)|
|* Course 1 (8km, 3hr 30min) Busan Nat'l Univ. - Gobyeoldae Cliffs - Dongmun Gate - Buchaebawi Rocks - Bungmun Gate - Geumjeongsan Mountain
* Course 2 (7km, 2hr) Dongnae - Mandeokgogae Hill - Seokbulsa Temple - Sanggyebong Peak
* Course 3 (6km, 2hr) Geumgang Park - Nammun Gate - Sanggyebong Peak
* Course 4 (6km, 2hr) Busan Nat'l Univ. - Dongmun Gate - Sanggyebong Peak
* Course 5 (6.5km) Beomeosa Temple - Bungmun Gate - Dongmun Gate
* Course 6 Botanical Garden - Dongmun Gate - Bungmun Gate - Beomeosa Temple
* Course 7 (8km, 2hr 40min) Jung-ri(Sanseongmaeul) - Gukcheongsa Temple - Bungmun Gate - Godangbong Peak
|Mountain cabin, cable car, camping site|
|Beomeosa Station (Busan Subway Line 1) Exit 5 or 7.
Walk between the two exits along the road for about 5 minutes to the Samsin bus stop (삼신정류장).
Take Bus 90 to Beomeosa Temple Ticket Office (범어사매표소).