|Jinnamgwan Hall (여수 진남관)|
|Jinnamgwan Hall (National Treasure No. 304) was the naval base of Jeolla-do Province during the Joseon Dynasty. Admiral Yi Sun-shin used this site as his headquarters, and at that time there was a watchtower called Jinhaeru. The original building burned down during the Jeongyujaeran (the second Japanese invasion in 1597), and Admiral Yi Si-eon constructed a large guesthouse (official residence) with 75 rooms on the burnt down site of Jinhaeru in 1599,
a year after the conclusion of the Imjinwaeran War (Japanese invasion, 1592-1598).
At the hall entrance is a small museum outlining the history of Jinnamgwan and the Imjinwaeran War, and the famous Yeosu Stone Statue (Tangible Cultural Asset of Jeollanam-do No. 33) is located within the precincts of the hall. Nearby attractions include Jasan Park, Odongdo Island, Dolsan Bridge, Chungminsa Shrine, and Manseongni Beach.
|National Treasure No. 304 (designated on April 17, 2001)|
|N/A (Open all year round)|
|Winter season: 09:00-17:00
Summer season: 09:00-18:00
|50 parking spaces|
|Facilities for the Handicapped|
|Reserved parking spaces, restrooms|
|Interpretation Services Offered|
|Cultural tourism interpretation services available (English, Japanese, Chinses)
* Advanced reservation required.
Yeosu Intercity Bus Terminal,
Take Bus 24, 35, 73, 84, 88 or 102 and get off at Jinnamgwan Hall.