|Geumgang Park (금강공원)|
|VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.|
|Located at the foot of Mt. Geumjeong (alt. 802
m), Geumgang Park stretches over a 3 million-square meter plot of land filled with lush forest and craggy cliffs and broken up by winding creeks. Regardless of the time of the year, a constant stream of people come to visit the many historical and cultural sites in the region, which once served as a base of operations for the government during the Joseon Dynasty.
The area was referred to as Geumgangwon before becoming a park in June, 1973. On July 1st, 2004, the park once again made the news, as the entrance fee was abolished and the park was made free to the public.
In addition to more typical sports facilities like badminton courts, the park also boasts carnival rides such as cable cars, bumper cars, and more. Visitors are also encouraged to stop by tourist sites such as the Busan Folk Tradition Arts Center, the Busan Marine Natural History Museum, and the Busan Botanical Garden.
|Geumgang Park to Beomeosa (crossing Geumjeong Mountain Fortress)
Geumgang Park - Dongmun Gate - Uisangbong Peak - Wonhyobong Peak- Bungmun Gate - Summit - Beomeosa
Hike time: Approx. 4hr.
|Not available in the park.
Please use other parking lot located across from Geumgang Park's Bungmun Gate
(next to the pedestrian overpass).
|- Recreational facilities – Geumgang Park Rope way (cable car)
- Educational facilities
Busan Folk Art Museum
Busan Marine Museum of Natural History (Tel: +82-51-553-4944)
Geumgang Botanical Garden (Tel: +82-51-582-3284)
- Sports facilities - Geumgang Gymnasium, badminton court, public sports facilities, various sports facilities
|Facility Utilization Fees|
|- Cablecar (09:00-18:00) (* operates every 20 mins / takes 6 mins for roundtrip)
Adult: Roundtrip 7,000 won / One way 4,000 won
Youth: Roundtrip 4,000 won / One way 2,500 won
- Amusement facilities: 2,000 won - 3,000 won
|- Less than 30 min: Car 500 won / Van 1,000 won / Bus 1,500 won
- Each additional 10 min: Car 200 won / Van 400 won / Bus 600 won
Van: Vehicles carrying 15-37 passengers
Bus: Any vehicle carrying more than 37 passengers
|Owners must bring their own plastic bags and clean up properly after their pet(s).|
Myeongnyun Station (Busan Subway Line 1), Exit 1.
- Turn left coming out of the exit, then take your first left on Dongnae-ro, the large street (동래로).
- After about another 100 m, turn right onto Oncheoncheon-ro (온천천로), a small road. There will be a bus stop on the left side of the street after about 20 m. Take bus Dongnae-gu 1-1 (동래구1-1) from there.
- Ride the bus for 7 stops, then get off at Geumgang Park Bus stop (금강공원 정류장).
- Go back to the crosswalk and cross the street to get to the park entrance (80 m).