|Nongae Shrine (Uiamsa Shrine) (논개사당,의암사)|
|Uiamsa Shrine was built to the memory of Chu Nongae, who sacrificed her life during the Imjin War (Japanese Invasion of Korea). In 1846, the Nongae-saeng-jang-hyang-su-myeong-bi monument was put up in praise of Nongae’s patriotism. In 1955, a shrine was built and named Uiamsa, which was then moved to the current location in 1974. Within the precincts of the shrine are a memorial stone, the portrait of Nongae by artist Kim Eun-ho, and the three gates Woesammun, Naesammun and Chunguimun erected one after another. At the memorial hall, the existing possessions of Nongae and her husband General Choi Gyeong-hoe are on display. The annual Nongae Festival takes places on September 3rd by the lunar calendar, during which memorial services and cultural events are held to commemorate Nongae.|
|Jeollabuk-do Monument No.46|
|N/A (Open all year round)|
|Facilities for the Handicapped|
|Parking spaces, restrooms|
|From Jangsu Intercity Bus Terminal, go 200m along Jangcheon-ro Street.
Cross Jangsugyo Bridge and go straight for another 200m.
Turn left onto Nongaesadang-gil Road between Namdong Hoegwan Town Hall and a supermarket.
Walk straight along the road until you arrive at Nongae Shrine (Uiamsam Shrine) (500m).