Korea is a shopper's paradise! Luxury brands, the latest fashions,
cosmetics, souvenirs & more. Check out our sales & discount calendar,
so you’ll know the best time to shop.
Recommended Shopping Columns
- Mega shopping malls in Seoul and the metropolitan area
- Located in various suburbs of Seoul, mega shopping malls are reinventing themselves through continued innovation to keep pace with the ever-changing tastes of domestic and foreign consumers. These places are breaking away from the traditional role of shopping malls that simply meet the basic needs of shoppers; they are designed to cater to a broader array of services, such as fine dining, a wide-range of entertainment, and much more!
- Seoul’s Top 5 Underground Shopping Malls
- Korea’s four distinctive seasons might be appealing to visitors from a country with a tropical climate year-round; however, cold winds in winter or the sudden downpours during the rainy season in summer may cause varying levels of inconvenience in having a pleasant shopping experience in Korea. This is precisely why Korea Tourism Organization has prepared a list of the top five underground shopping malls in Seoul, where one can go and fully enjoy shopping, without being restricted by the whims of weather.
- Traditional Markets in Seoul
- Traditional markets in Korea are hidden treasures, often located in residential neighborhoods, or just around the corner from grand palaces and beautiful historical attractions.
- Seoul’s Trend Mecca: Sinsa-dong & Hapjeong-dong
- If you like killing two birds with one stone, we recommend you to head out to Sinsa-dong and Hapjeong-dong to do some sightseeing and relaxing in one place! These so called “hip places” are two of the hottest neighborhoods in town, loved by both locals and international visitors, as they represent the latest trends in fashion and dining.
- Flagship stores to check out in Seoul
- Shopping is one of the major activities undertaken by tourists at their destinations. As one of the most popular destinations in Korea, Seoul is home to many fashionable neighborhoods. Seoul is often considered as one of the most fashionable and trendy cities in the world. The global success of hallyu has also paved the way for the increasing popularity for Korean fashion. There is definitely no shortage of trendy spots for a fun and enjoyable shopping experience.
- Kondae, a hot place filled with youthful exuberance
- Seoul has a great number of downtown areas across the city. In particular, university streets or the so-called ‘towns’ designed near schools are full of liveliness and energy, much thanks to the vast number of young crowd. One good example is the area surrounding Konkuk University Station (Seoul Subway Line 2, 7) located in the east of Seoul, where it has long been serving as a center for commercial activities.
Where to shop