Terms and Conditions of Membership to Visitkorea.or.kr
- a. The purpose of these Terms and Conditions is to provide for any and all matters necessary for the Korea Tourism Organization to manage Visitkorea.or.kr, its foreign language web page promoting tourism in Korea ("VisitKorea").
- b. VisitKorea shall provide all of its services to users when they consent to the Terms and Conditions and shall be operated in accordance with such governing conditions.
- c. The details of these Terms and Conditions may be updated from time to time and are subject to such changes without notice.
2. Definition of Users
- a. Users of VisitKorea are comprised of members and non-members and refer to any and all persons who obtain and use information from VisitKorea.
- b. Members of VisitKorea are classified as individual or group members, and are sub-classified as Korean or foreign individual members or Korean or foreign group members.
3. Other Applicable Laws
- a. The Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the Telecommunications Business Act, other applicable laws, and standard commercial practices in the Republic of Korea.
- a. Any individuals and groups that wish to become members of VisitKorea may obtain membership by filling in and submitting membership forms online.
- b. VisitKorea shall grant membership to individuals and groups that submit said membership forms except in the following cases:
- i) When there is any false or omitted information, or when individuals and groups have been classified incorrectly; and
- ii) When the Terms and Conditions are breached
- c. Any changes to information on individual and group members shall promptly be made in member's profiles at VisitKorea. The members concerned shall be liable for any damages stemming from failure to make such changes.
5. Membership Cancellation and Removal
- a. Members may cancel their memberships at any time by modifying their information. VisitKorea shall ensure that membership cancellations are promptly completed without any difficulty.
- b. Members who wish to cancel their memberships with VisitKorea may regain such memberships at any time throughout the ensuing membership registration process.
- c. In any of the following cases, VisitKorea may limit the access of its members or terminate their memberships:
- i) When a member disparages a specific country, individual, or group or engages in any act that may cause diplomatic friction;
- ii) When a member enters false information when registering for membership or changing member information;
- iii) When a member violates any law or any condition as stated herein;
- iv) When a member makes an unauthorized change in the information contained in VisitKorea;
- v) When a member infringes upon the human rights or intellectual property rights of a third party and information held by VisitKorea;
- vi) When a member illegally collects and uses the other members' identification information;
- vii) When a member disseminates information, texts, or statistical data on other individuals or groups (Korean or foreign) that are sensitive in nature or violates generally accepted practices and common courtesy; and
- viii) When a member commits a criminal act.
6. VisitKorea's Information Protection Policy Regarding Individual and Group Members
- a. VisitKorea shall tightly protect information of all individual and group members.
7. Use of Information
- a. VisitKorea shall freely provide information to them.
- b. VisitKorea shall incorporate tourism information contents (texts, images, multi-media contents, moving pictures, etc.), boards, communities, forums, reservation sections, business information, and so forth.
- c. VisitKorea shall not retain the authority to censor the web page, but reserves the right to update or delete contents in accordance with its internal principles. VisitKorea may limit use of its contents, in part or in whole, by users without notice when there exists a justifiable cause.
8. Obligations of VisitKorea
- a. VisitKorea shall not engage in any act in violation of laws or the Terms and Conditions, and shall provide uninterrupted and reliable services under the Terms and Conditions.
- b. VisitKorea shall not send any commercial e-mails to its members without prior consent.
- c. VisitKorea shall assume full liability and provide reasonable compensation for any losses that it causes intentionally.
9. Obligations of Individual and Group Users
- a. Users agree that they will not engage in any of the following acts:
- i) Providing false information when registering for membership or changing member information;
- ii) Making any unauthorized changes to the contents of VisitKorea
- iii) Infringing upon a third party's human rights or intellectual property rights, or upon free or charged services provided by VisitKorea;
- iv) Surreptitiously using another member's ID;
- v) Disseminating information disruptive of public order and morals in any form including texts and images;
- vi) Committing a criminal act; and
- vii) Acts in violation of laws and the Terms and Conditions.
- b. any of the acts set forth in the foregoing paragraph 'a', anVisitKorea may suspend or terminate the memberships of individual and group members who commit d delete information on such users without notice in accordance with its internal regulations.
10. Obligations of Individual and Group Members Regarding IDs and Passwords
- a. Individual and group members shall assume full responsibility for maintaining the confidentiality of their IDs and passwords.
- b. They shall not cause any third party to use their IDs or passwords.
- c. They shall immediately notify VisitKorea of any leakage or unauthorized use of their IDs and passwords, and fully comply with the security policies of VisitKorea
11. Handling of Advertisers
- a. Members agree that if any individual or group member places an advertisement on VisitKorea through a specific advertiser, VisitKorea shall not assume any liability for any losses incurred therefrom because the concerned commercial transaction is by and between the member and advertiser.
12. Restrictions on Storage
- a. Members agree that VisitKorea may restrict the storage capacity, effective period of contents storage, and so forth in My Page.
- a. Members agree that VisitKorea may suspend or delete My Page inactive for a certain period of time.
13. Authority and Liability Regarding Posted Matters
- a. VisitKorea shall retain authority over all contents posted on the web page if not objected by contents providers or if specifically agreed between VisitKorea and contents providers; provided, however, that the person who posts content shall have the rights to and liability for such content as is provided through a community, board, and so forth, and VisitKorea shall have the right to use such posted matters.
- b. VisitKorea shall protect all posted contents and objects to plagiarism of the web page.
- c. No member shall commercially use posted matters including processing and selling information that the member acquires through use of VisitKorea's services; provided, however, that if any member wishes to use posted matters for a non-commercial purpose, such member shall obtain the consent of the Korea Tourism Organization therefor.
- d. VisitKorea shall protect posted matters and objects to any authorized use of such posted matters.
14. Revision of the Terms and Conditions
- a. VisitKorea reserves the right to revise the Terms and Conditions.
- a. The Terms and Conditions shall be construed and executed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Korea. Execution of the Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the jurisdiction of a court in the Republic of Korea.
The Terms and Conditions shall enter into force on March 3, 2008.