VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 04.16.2016 ~ 05.08.2016 Finished
- 158-6, Hagwonnongjang-gil, Gochang-gun, Jeollabuk-do
전라북도 고창군 공음면 학원농장길 158-6 (공음면)
- Hakwon Tourism Farm area
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-63-564-9897
- Sponsors / Management
- Gochang Green Barley Field Festival Committee /
- This festival is held every year in April amongst the beautiful green barley fields of the Gochang-gun region.
The Gochang Green Barley Field Festival is the region’s most popular festival and was visited by over 550,000 tourists in 2008.
The festival celebrates the region’s plentiful 'barley', and visitors can take part in activities such as making flutes out of barley and searching for hidden treasures in the barley fields.
A visit to the festival is also a good opportunity to see Seonunsan Provincial Park and Gochangeupseong Fortress, as well as sampling the pungcheon jangeo (eel), which is a regional delicacy.
- Opening Ceremony]
- Celebratory Performance, Ceremony, Post-Ceremony Performance
- Barley food sampling, traditional game, walking green barley road, flower coach, etc.
[Performance / Cultural Event]
- Hands-on program of Green barely Dongsan (hill), Eoul Madang for visitors
- Photo zone at barely field, walking at barely field, green barely broadcast, travel photo exhibition of Gochang, Baekmin Memorial Hall, local market, etc.
* Subject to changes.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Varies by program
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages.
- From Seoul Central City Terminal, take an express bus to Gochang Terminal.
From Gochang Terminal, take a bus to Mujang. (20min intervals)
From Mujang, transfer
to a bus bound for Gongeum (공음) and get off at Seonsan.
- chungbori.gochang.go.kr (Korean only)