VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 04.01.2016 ~ 04.10.2016 Finished
- Tongsin-dong, Jinhae-gu, Changwon-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
경상남도 창원시 진해구 통신동
- Jinhae Jungwon Rotary Intersection and Jinhae area
• 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-55-225-2341
- Sponsors / Management
- Jinhae / Jinhae Gunhangje Festival Organizing Committee
- A world-class cherry blossom festival is held annually at the beautiful naval port city of Jinhae. The Gunhangje Festival offers a plethora of events and activities, including a special event on the eve of the festival, Paldo Pungmul Market, art and culture performances, and more at Jungmun Rotary.
At Bugwon Rotary, with the commemoration of Admiral Yi Sun-Shin, visitors can place a wreath on his statue and also watch a victory parade and a ceremony to honor his spirit. As Jinhae is known for its naval port, festival-goers can also enjoy military music and performances at the Jinhae Military Band & Honor Guard Festival, which takes place at the same time. The festival provides a one-of-a-kind chance to see the powerful and polished military band marching show in full dress.
The Republic of Korea Naval Academy and the Command of Naval Base in Jinhae are generally not open to the general public. However, they open their doors during the Gunhangje festival and these places will be filled with festival-goers, turning the place into a museum and an exhibition center, displaying the Turtle Ship, Navy vessels, and photographs.
Gunhangje will also host hands-on activities from trying on a naval uniform to cruise riding and more. With 100 years of flowering cherry blossom trees scattered around the naval base, the base will display a special appearance to the public.
In April, the streets of Jinhae city are strewn with cherry blossoms. A beautiful flower tunnel should not be missed when the flowers are in full bloom. The petals fluttering and falling in the wind create a breathtaking scene.
One of the top attractions during the festival is the 800 meter section of flowers on the railroad by Gyeonghwa Station, and the 1.5 kilometer flower streams where visitors can take in the beautiful spring flowers. Anmingogae Road makes for a great drive to enjoy the full bloom. From the top of Jehwangsan Mountain Park, you can see the whole of the city, which is centered around a roundabout at Jungwon Rotary. Jinhae Gunhangje Festival is a great place to create some special memories among the cherry blossoms and historic buildings of this modern and elegant city.
- Admission/Participation Fees
From Seoul Nambu Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Jinhae.
- From Jinhae Intercity Bus Terminal, go 30m straight and turn right onto Jungwondong-ro Road.
- Go 350m straight, and stay left at the fork.
- Go 230m to arrive at the festival venue.
Jinhae ↔ Changwon: 150, 751, 752
Jinhae ↔ Masan: 160, 162, 760
Jinhae Line: 301, 302, 303, 305, 306, 309, 315
Changwon City Hall Call Center: +82-1899-1111
Changwon Culture & Tourism: +82-55-225-2341~6
Korail www.letskorail.com (Korean,
English, Japanese, Chinese) / +82-1544-7788
- gunhang.changwon.go.kr (Korean only)