VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 11.12.2015 ~ 11.15.2015 Finished
- Hamo-ri, Daejeong-eup, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do
제주특별자치도 서귀포시 대정읍 하모리
- Moseulpohang Port (모슬포항)
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-64-794-8032
- This popular festival is held every year in November at Moseulpo Port, the southernmost region of Jeju-do Island. It celebrates the ‘Bangeo Fish (yellowtail)’, which is largely caught in this area. The meat of ‘bangeo fish (yellowtail)’ is chewy and tender, and so it is very popular served raw. It is also used in a variety of other dishes. Visitors can enjoy fresh bangeo at the festival and then pack some up to take home.
Visitors can also try fishing and also sample some of Jeju’s other specialty foods such as heukdweji-gogigui (grilled wild boar meat), galchijorim (cutlass fish boiled in soy sauce with spices), and more. Don’t forget to admire the beautiful natural sceneries near the festival grounds and explore some of the many popular tourist attractions in Jeju.
- - Stage events:
A ritual to wish for a big catch, fireworks, singing competition,etc.
- Hands-on programs:
Catching bangeo fish (yellowtail) with bare hands, tuho (a game where players throw sticks into a canister), magic and bubble magic show, etc.
- Permanent events:
Specialty products market, local specialty restaurants, souvenir shops, etc.
- Additional events:
Cooking with bangeo fish (yellowtail), bangeo raw fish sampling, face painting, photo zone, raw fish take-out center, drawing contest, etc.
* The programs are subject to change. Refer to the official page for more details.
- Jeju International Airport.
Take bus 100 and get off at Jeju Intercity Bus Terminal.
From Jeju Terminal, take bus ‘Pyeonghwa-ro’ route and get off at Moseulpo.
It takes 50min-1hour by taxi.