VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 10.01.2016 ~ 10.04.2016 Finished
- 112, Bongyang-ri, Jeongseon-eup, Jeongseon-gun, Gangwon-do
강원도 정선군 정선읍 봉양리 112 (정선읍)
- The area of Arari Park in Jeongseon
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-563-2646 (Korean)
- Sponsors / Management
- Jeongseon-gun, Gangwon-do / Jeongseon Arirang Festival Committee
- This festival takes the theme of ‘Jeongseon Arirang’, a variation of the Korean folk song ‘Arirang’, which was developed in the Jeongseon region. The Jeongseon Arirang Festival was started to preserve the ‘Jeongseon Arirang’, an intangible cultural asset, and to pass along its culture to following generations.
One of the festival’s main events is a performance of the famous ‘Arirang’ folk song, and there are many other events and programs. In addition, there is a folk market called the ‘Jeongseon 5 Day Market’, which opens every five days, where visitors can experience the lively bustling atmosphere of a Korean folk market and purchase agricultural produce at low prices.
Nearby famous tourist destinations include the rail bikes, Gangwon Land, and more.
- - Main performance, singing contest, planned event, subsidiary event and performance, traditional cultural experience, modern culture experience, traditional culture interchange, created performance, exhibition, promotion, etc.
* Refer to the website for more details.
- Performance Times
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Additional Events
- - Jeongseon Arirang calligraphy contest, national writing contest, drawing contest, children’s art madang, dance contest, K-POP dance competition, archery contest, students’ music performance, Nakdong farming music performance, fusion Korean music performance, musical, multicultural food and traditional costume experience, etc.
- From Dong Seoul Bus
Terminal, take an intercity bus to Jeongseon.
(7:10-18:55, departs every 1hr~1hr 30min / est. travel time: 3hrs 30min)
From Jeongseon Terminal, take a taxi to the festival grounds. (5-10min)
- www.arirangfestival.kr (Korean only)