VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 04.09.2015 ~ 04.12.2015 Finished
- Daegaya Museum, 460, Jisan-ri, Goryeong-eup, Goryeong-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do
경상북도 고령군 대가야읍 대가야로
- Daegaya Museum
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-950-6424,
- Sponsors / Management
- Goryeong-gun / Daegaya Festival Committee
- Daegaya (AD 42~562) was a nation that inhabited the Gyeongsangnam-do province of Korea around the 4th Century. Daegaya was a sophisticated nation that even at this early age possessed extremely high standards of culture. They created the Gayageum (a twelve-stringed traditional Korean harp) and played a large role in establishing the culture of music.
They had dealings with China and Japan and excavated relics indicate they had a significant influence on the wider world.
This festival will immerse visitors in the ancient history of Korea’s ‘Daegaya’. The festival program includes an exhibition of ancient relics, and visitors can take part in making Mokseons (wooden ships) that the Daegaya nation used to trade with other societies. The festival grounds are connected with a nearby farming village so visitors can pick strawberries and experience the Korean farming lifestyle.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Different per activity (Some programs are free of charge)
From Seoul Nambu Terminal, take an
intercity bus to Goryeong Intercity Bus Terminal.
Goryeong Terminal, take a shuttle bus to the festival venue.
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)