VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 04.09.2015 ~ 04.12.2015 Finished
- 114-21, Jangsari-gil, Gunseo-myeon, Yeongam-gun, Jeollanam-do
전라남도 영암군 군서면 왕인로 440 (군서면)
- Yeongam-gun (Historical Site of Dr. Wangin, Gurim Village, Yeongam Pottery Museum, etc)
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-61-740-2346, 470-2350
- This festival celebrates the achievements of Korea’s Dr. Wangin, who travelled to Japan over 1,600 years ago to spread knowledge culture and art.
His teachings included the Thousand-Character Text (a primer of Chinese Characters) and the Analects (Discourses) of Confucius. Wangin taught writing composition to the Japanese and developed the foundations of education, which greatly influenced all areas of study, including social science, politics, economics, culture, and art.
This festival is set in the beautiful landscape of Wolchulsan National Park and Dr Wangin’s achievements are celebrated with various performances and cultural events. The festival takes place in April when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom.
Yeongam Wangin Culture Festival will make you feel spring in the air!
* Please note that the detail information may differ each year.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free of charge
From Seoul Central City Terminal, take an intercity bus bound for Mokpo.
From Mokpo Bus Terminal, take a local bus bound for Yeongam and get off at the Historical Site of Dr. Wangin.
(20min intervals/ travel time: 30-40min)
From Yongsan Station, take a train bound for Mokpo Station
(runs 5 times a day / travel time: 3hrs 20min)
※ For more info, contact Korail's Customer Center at +82-1544-7788 or 1588-7788
- http://yeongam.festivalgo.kr (Korean only)