VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 10.15.2016 ~ 10.23.2016
- Namwoncheon Stream, Baek-ri, Punggi-eup, Yeongju-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do
경북 영주시 풍기읍 백리
- Area of Namwoncheon Stream in Punggi-eup
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-639-6621
- Sponsors / Management
- Yeongju-si / Yeongju Punggi Insam Festival Organizing Committee
- Pung-gi ginseng is only grown in the Sobaeksan Mountains and is widely known for its superior quality. The reason Pung-gi ginseng is so highly valued is because of its high content of saponin, which is effective in regulating blood pressure and reenergizing the body. It is even believed to help reduce the risk of cancer. The Pung-gi Ginseng Festival coincides with the peak of the harvest season each year, which takes place around October.
During the festival period, visitors can participate in various events, such as harvesting ginseng and sampling cuisine made from the expensive Pung-gi ginseng. There are also many other tourist attractions located in the Yeongju region, including Buseoksa Temple and Sobaeksan Pung-gi Hot Springs.
- Ginseng rituals and ceremonies, harvesting Pung-gi ginseng, Pung-gi ginseng peeling contest, ginseng auction, hands-on events, etc.
Find more information from the event's website.
- Admission/Participation Fees
the Yeongju Intercity Bus Terminal, take Bus 22 or 27.
Get off at Punggi
Station (풍기역) or Punggi Taxi (풍기택시) Bus Stop.
The festival venue
is a 5-min walk from the bus stop.
- ginsengfestival.com (Korean only)