- 10.20.2018 ~ 10.28.2018 Finished
- Ohyeon-ri, Bonghyeon-myeon, Punggi-eup, Yeongju-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do
경상북도 영주시 풍기읍 봉현면 오현리
- Area of Namwoncheon Stream in Punggi-eup
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-635-0020
- Sponsors / Management
- Yeongju-si / Yeongju Punggi Insam Festival Organizing Committee
- Yeongju is famous for Punggi Insam (ginseng), grown in the Sobaeksan Mountains and known for its superior quality. Yeongju Punggi Insam Festival includes various ginseng themed programs like ginseng-harvesting, well-being ginseng food cooking, exhibition, cultural programs and more. Punggi ginseng contains a high level of Saponin which is effective in regulating blood pressure, liver and intestine protection, anti-cancer effect, anti-diabetic effect, fatigue recovery, improvement of appetite and other aspects of metabolism.
- - Performance: Opening performance, singing contest, dance performance, etc.
- Exhibition: Punggi Insam promotional hall, ginseng food, harvesting ginseng, etc.
- Competition: National dance competition, excellent ginseng contest, Lady Insam Contest, etc.
- Related event: Traditional market performance, specialty agricultural product promotional event, walking contest, athletic competition, etc.
- Admission/Participation Fees
the Yeongju Intercity Bus Terminal, take Bus 22 or 27.
Get off at Punggi
Station (풍기역) or Punggi Taxi (풍기택시) Bus Stop.
The festival venue
is a 5-min walk from the bus stop.
- www.ginsengfestival.com (Korean only)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.