VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 06.03.2016 ~ 06.06.2016
- 1089, Chungjeol-ro, Seocheon-gun, Chungcheongnam-do
충청남도 서천군 한산면 충절로 1089 (한산면)
- Hansan Ramie Fabric Hall
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-41-950-4749
- Sponsors / Management
- Seocheon-gun /
- The region of Hansan-myeon is famous for producing ramie, one of the world’s oldest fabric crops. The Hansan Ramie Fabric Cultural Festival celebrates the high quality, luxury clothing that is produced from ramie fabric and which receives wide acclaim.
Many people journey to this festival to see the beautiful clothes on display. One of the main events is a fashion show, and visitors will also have the opportunity to try on some of the clothes and even try out the fabric weaving process.
The ramie crop is also used in making food, and at the festival visitors can try rice cakes, ice cream, tea and other refreshments all made from ramie. A must visit festival for all shopping and food aficionados.
- Additional Events
- - Opening ceremony
- Hansan Mosi Singing Contest
- Mosi Park, etc.
* Programs and schedule are subject to change.
From Yongsan Station, take a train to Seocheon (5:40am-8:35pm/est. travel time of 3hrs) or take a cross-country bus (6:40am-5:15pm / est. travel time of 4hrs) to Seocheon from the Seoul Nambu Terminal.
Get off at Seocheon Station or the Seocheon Terminal and take a bus (going in the direction of Hansan) or taxi to the festival grounds (est. travel time of 20mins).