- 10.16.2019 ~ 10.20.2019
- 45, Geumbaek-ro, Nonsan-si, Chungcheongnam-do
충청남도 논산시 강경읍 금백로 45 (강경읍)
- Ganggyeong Port, Jeotgal Market, Jeotgal Exhibition Hall, etc.
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-41-746-5662
- Sponsors / Management
- Nonsan-si / Nonsan Ganggyeong Salted Seafood Festival Organizing Committee
- Nonsan Ganggyeong Salted Seafood Festival is known for its freshest and finest quality, which is made with recipes handed down from generation to generation, retaining the unique and authentic taste of salted fermented fish. All the ingredients are imported directly and prepared in modern facilities. Today, the market accounts for half of the nation’s total sales of salted seafood.
The festival originally started off in an effort to boost local economy and enhance the fish market merchants’ incomes in 1997 when the IMF financial crisis hit the nation. Salted fish merchants made the festival into a large-scale, getting bigger and better each year.
Especially since 2007, the festival has changed its official title to Ganggyeong Fermented Seafood Festival. The festival has now established itself as a healthy fermented food item in the world food market, breaking away from the notion of being simply salted, preserved food.
- Duration of Performance
- Varies by program
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
Take a train from Seoul Station or Yongsan Station to Ganggyeong Station.
Walk approx .5 min to festival grounds
- ggfestival.co.kr (Korean only)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.