VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 05.03.2017 ~ 05.07.2017 Finished
- 1447, Yocheon-ro, Namwon-si, Jeollabuk-do
전라북도 남원시 요천로 1447 (천거동)
- Gwanghalluwon Garden & Yocheon Stream areas
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-63-620-5771~9
- Sponsors / Management
- Chunyang Festival Organizing Committee / Chunyang Festival Organizing Committee
- Namwon Chunhyang Festival celebrates the love between Chunhyang and Lee Mongryong, based on the famous Korean love story, Chunhyangjeon. This festival about the strength of love takes places every spring in Namwon, the setting of this classic story. The festival aims to spread the story not only around Korea but to international visitors as well, through hands-on experiences and moving performances.
- [Traditional Culture]
- Chunhyangjehyang, Chunhyang Gugak (traditional music) contest, Miss Chunhyang contest, love lamp parade, archery contest, Ssireum (traditional wrestling) competition
[Performance & Exhibition]
- Opening ceremony, Gugak feast, pansori (epic stories told through song), Chunhyangga song, invited performance from overseas (Verona, Russia, etc.), etc.
[Play & Hands-on Program]
- Healing walking contest, farming culture experience, love booth, etc.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Duration of Performance
- Varies by program
- Additional Events
- Bangja fringe garden, Chunhyang photo contest, writing contest, painting contest, book concert, Namwon pan festival, and others
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
- [Express/Intercity Bus]
Take a bus from Central City Terminal to Namwon Bus Terminal.
Take a train from Yongsan Station to Namwon Station.
From Namwon Express Bus Terminal or Namwon Intercity Bus Terminal, take Bus No. 211, 220, 230, or 281 to Chueo Samgeori Bus Stop.
From Namwon Station, take Bus No. 133, 142, or 161 to Jaeil Bank Bus Stop.
- www.chunhyang.org (Korean only)