VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 05.13.2016 ~ 05.16.2016 Finished
- 1447, Yocheon-ro, Namwon-si, Jeollabuk-do
전라북도 남원시 요천로 1447 (천거동)
- Namwon area (Gwanghalluwon and Yocheon Stream area)
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-63-620-5771~9
- Namwon Chunhyang Festival is thought to be one of the best traditional festivals in Korea and famous performance art festival for two consecutive years, selected by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. The festival is annually held to commemorate Chunhyang’s continual devotion with Lee Mongryong despite all the trials and hard situations she endured, based on the famous Korean love story, Chunhyangjeon.
- [Traditional Culture]
- Chunhyangjehyang, Chunhyang Gugak (traditional music) contest, Miss Chunhyang contest, love lamp parade, archery contest, Ssireum (traditional wrestling) competition
- Opening ceremony, Gugak feast, pansori (epic stories told through song), Chunhyangga song, invited performance from overseas (Verona, Russia, etc.), etc.
- Healing walking contest, farming culture experience, love booth, etc.
- Additional Events
- Bangja fringe garden, Chunhyang photo contest, writing contest, painting contest, book concert, Namwon pan festival, and others
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages.
- Take an express
bus to Namwon (남원).
From Namwon Express Bus Terminal, turn left and go
300m towards Namwon Yongseong Middle School (남원용성중학교).
at the Dongdi 4(sa)-geori 4-way Intersection (동디사거리).
Go 300m forward
towards the bus stop in front of Dong Namwon Saemaeul Geumgo (동남원새마을금고).
Bus 220 or 281 to Gongseol Market (공설시장).
Go 150m forward, and turn left
at the intersection.
Go 100m forward to arrive at Gwanghalluwon Garden.
- www.chunhyang.org (Korean only)