VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 05.22.2015 ~ 05.25.2015 Finished
- 1447 Yocheon-ro, Namwon-si, Jeollabuk-do
전라북도 남원시 요천로 1447 (천거동,광한루)
- Namwon area (Gwanghalluwon and Yocheon Stream area)
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-63-620-5771~9 (Korean)
- The Namwon Chunhyang Festival,
with 85 years of history as one of Korea's most famous traditional festivasl, is based on the beautiful plotline of the famous Korean love story Chunhyangjeon. A variety of events and performances celebrate Chunhyang’s continual devotion to Lee Mong-ryong despite all the trials and hardships they suffered.
All visitors can take part in the festival to enjoy its romantic ambience as well as culture, arts, and hands-on programs. Gwanghalluwon Garden (광한루원) will be the main venue for the festival.
- [Traditional Culture]
- Chunhyangjehyang, Chunhyang Gukak (traditional music) contest, Chunhyang selection contest, love lamp parade, etc.
- Gukak feast, pansori (epic stories told through song), Chunhyangga Song, invited performance from overseas (Verona, Russia, etc.), etc.
- Going back in time, swing riding, swing contest, love booth, healing walking contest, gilnori (road game) performance, etc.
- Additional Events
- Bangja fringe
garden, Chunhyang photo contest, writing contest, painting contest, book concert, Namwon pan festival,
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages.
- Take an express
bus to Namwon (남원).
From Namwon Express Bus Terminal, turn left and go
300m towards Namwon Yongseong Middle School (남원용성중학교).
at the Dongdi 4(sa)-geori 4-way Intersection (동디사거리).
Go 300m forward
towards the bus stop in front of Dong Namwon Saemaeul Geumgo (동남원새마을금고).
Bus 220 or 281 to Gongseol Market (공설시장).
Go 150m forward, and turn left
at the intersection.
Go 100m forward to arrive at Gwanghalluwon Garden.
- www.chunhyang.org (Korean)