- 10.01.2020 ~ 10.11.2020
- 626, Namgang-ro, Jinju-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
경상남도 진주시 남강로 626
- Areas of Jinju Namgang River and Jinjuseong Fortress
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-55-755-9111
- Sponsors / Management
- Jinju-si, Jinju Art & Culture Foundation / Jinju Namgang Yudeung (Lantern) Festival Committee
- Jinju Namgang Yudeung Festival originates from the lantern lighting custom used during the Jinjuseong Fortress Battle of the Imjin War (1592-1598) as a military strategy to prevent Japanese troops from wading the Namgang River. The highlights of the festival are the floating of lanterns, carrying personal wishes of the citizens, along the Namgang River and the parade of lanterns created by local students themselves. In addition, the festival features gaejesik (lighting of lanterns in remembrance of the Jinjuseong Fortress Battle veterans), an exhibition of the world’s traditional lanterns, and many more participatory cultural programs.
- - Lighting ceremony
- Floating lanterns on the river
- Hanging wish-lantern
- Boat ride experience
- Lantern Exhibition
* Programs and schedule subject to change
- Performance Times
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free (fees vary by program)
- Duration of Performance
- 3-4 hr
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
From Seoul Nambu Terminal, take a bus to Jinju Intercity Bus Terminal.
Walk for approx. 5 min.
- www.yudeung.com (Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.