- 10.01.2019 ~ 10.13.2019
- 626, Namgang-ro, Jinju-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
경상남도 진주시 남강로 626
- Areas of Jinju Namgang River and Jinjuseong Fortress
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-55-755-9111
- Sponsors / Management
- Jinju-si, Jinju Art & Culture Foundation / Jinju Namgang Yudeung (Lantern) Festival Committee
- Jinju Namgang Yudeung Festival originates from the lantern lighting custom used during the Jinjuseong Fortress Battle of the Imjinwaeran War (Japanese invasion, 1592) as a military strategy to prevent Japanese troops from wading the Namgang River. The highlights of the festival are the floating of lanterns, carrying personal wishes of the citizens, along the Namgang River and the parade of lanterns created by the students themselves. In addition, the festival features gaejesik (lighting of lanterns in remembrance of the Jinjuseong Fortress Battle veterans), an exhibition of the world’s traditional lanterns, and many more participatory cultural programs.
- [Main events]
- Lighting ceremony
- Floating lanterns on the river
- Hanging wish-lantern
- Boat ride experience
- Korea Lantern Exhibition
- International Lantern Exhibition
- Original Lantern Exhibition
-「1592 Jinju Fortress」 Lantern Exhibition
- Age Limit
- 3-4 hr
- [Express/Intercity Bus]
Take a bus from Seoul Nambu Terminal to Jinju Intercity Bus Terminal.
Approx. 5 min-walk to the festival site.
- www.yudeung.com (Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.