VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 10.01.2016 ~ 10.16.2016
- 626, Namgang-ro, Jinju-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
경상남도 진주시 남강로 626 (본성동)
- Jinju Namgang River Area
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-55-761-9111,
- Sponsors / Management
- Jinju-si, Jinju Art & Culture Foundation / Jinju Namgang Yudeung (Lantern) Festival Committee
- Jinju Namgang Yudeung Festival originates from the lantern lighting custom used during the Jinjuseong Fortress Battle of the Imjinwaeran War (Japanese invasion, 1592) as a military strategy to prevent Japanese troops from wading the Namgang River. The highlights of the festival are the floating of lanterns carrying personal wishes of the citizens along the Namgang River, and the parade of lanterns created by the students themselves. In addition, the festival features gaejesik (lighting of lanterns in remembrance of the Jinjuseong Fortress Battle veterans), an exhibition of the world’s traditional lanterns, and many more participatory cultural programs.
Lighting ceremony, floating lanterns on the river,
Korean lantern exhibition, World traditional lantern exhibition, traditional
crafted lantern exhibition, hanging wish-lantern
Creative lantern making, lantern making and
floating, citizen’s lantern making
Fireworks show, Namgaram Get-Together (outdoor
performance), local traditional food
& specialty shops, etc.
- Admission/Participation Fees
Adults 10,000 won / Children & Teenagers (ages 7-18) 5,000 won
Adults 8,000 won / Children & Teenagers (ages 7-18) 4,000 won
* Groups of 20 people or more (Koreans) / 10 people or more (foreigners)
* Special discount ticket: 5,000 won for men of national merit, people with disabilities, etc.
* Invitation ticket holders: Available for use Monday-Thursday (Not available Friday-Sunday)
* Discount is available with advanced reservation.
(Refer to the official website: www.yudeung.com
- Take an intercity bus to Jinju Intercity Bus Terminal.
Exit the terminal towards the river.
Turn right, and walk for 5min to arrive at the festival site.
- www.yudeung.com (Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)