VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 05.22.2015 ~ 05.25.2015 Finished
- 23, Guncheong-ro, Hadong-eup, Hadong-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do
경상남도 하동군 군청로 23 (하동읍)
- * Hwagae-myeon (Tea Culture Center, Ssanggyesa Temple)
* Agyang-myeon (Pyeongsa-ri,
Choi Champan Daek (old house))
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-55-880-2375(Korean)
- Sponsors / Management
- Hadong-gun County / Hadong Wild Tea Cultural Festival Organizing Committee
- Hadong is famous for being the first tea plantation site in Korea.
Unlike other tea production sites, which typically use machines for processing, Hadong continues to produce tea using time-honored traditional methods. As a result, it produces particularly high-grade teas, which are often sold at high prices.
During the festival, visitors can sample a variety of Hadong’s tea for free and purchase their favorites at bargain prices. The festival offers visitors a unique and entertaining combination of events and hands-on experiences, drawing a large number of visitors every year.
- Tea Etiquette Ceremony at the first tea plantation site, seminar on tea and tea bowls, farming green tea, demonstration of making Dasi, making wild tea, making tea bowls, Cheonnyeoncha (a thousand year tea) Auction, tea etiquette competition for international tourists, temple stay, temple concert
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages.
- [To the main
festival venue, Green Tea Cultural Center (차문화센터)]
From Seoul Nambu Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus bound for Hadong and get off at Hwagae Terminal.
* Bus Schedule: 06:30, 08:00, 09:30, 11:30, 13:30, 15:30, 17:30, 19:30, 22:00
From Hwagae Bus Terminal, go 180m to Hwagae Intersection (화개삼거리).
Take a Gurye-Sinheung (구례-신흥) route bus to
the Ssanggyesa Temple (쌍계사입구) bus stop.
Turn left at Yonggang Intersection (용강삼거리), and cross a bridge.
Turn right after the bridge, and go 300m
forward to arrive at the Green Tea Cultural Center (차문화센터).
[To Hwagae Market (화개장터)]
From Hwagae Bus Terminal, cross the Hwagaegyo Bridge.
100m forward to arrive at Hwagae Market.
[To Ssanggyesa Temple (쌍계사)]
From Hwagae Bus Terminal, go left towards Seomjingang River (섬진강) for 170m.
Hwawgae Samgeori 3-way Intersection (화개삼거리), take a Gurye-Sinheung (구례-신흥) route bus to Ssanggyesa Temple.
Temple is located 150m away.
(Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)