VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 09.29.2017 ~ 10.08.2017 Finished
- 239, Yuksa-ro, Andong-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do
경상북도 안동시 육사로 239 (운흥동)
- Downtown Andong area, Maskdance Park, Hahoe Village, Culture Street
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-841-6397~8
- Sponsors / Management
- Andong-si / Andong Festival Tourism Foundation
- Andong Mask Dance Festival is held in Andong area which is considered the capital of Korean traditional culture, with the theme of mask and mask dance. Andong’s culture and religions have great value for remaining over the years with the various cultures intact. Therefore, Andong is the region which has the most of cultural heritages and boasts the beauty of the East alike.
- The Mask Dance Festival has over 50 events and hands-on experience programs including the National & International Mask Dance Performance, World Mask Competition, original mask performances, mask dance learning, madang play, original puppet plays, a world mask exhibit, mask making and more.
* Subject to change.
- Performance Times
- September 29-October 8, 2017
Frequent performances during the festival period
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Mask Dance theater
- Individual: Adults (ages 19-64) 7,000 won / Students & Seniors (ages 65 and more) 5,000 won
- Group ticket: Adults (ages 19-64) 5,000 won / Students & Seniors (ages 65 and above) 4,000 won
- Program Details
- - Korean Mask dance performances
- World mask dance performances
- Madanggeuk / Puppetry
- World talnolyi (Mask Play) contest
- Arts Exhibition: Molding / Painting
- Ttalnolyi Parade
- Mask Dance Lesson
- World Mask Exhibition
* Subject to change.
- How to Particpate
- * Competition programs are available upon reservation through website.
- Discount Information
- * Group discounts are available for groups with 30 persons or more.
Individuals 5,000 won / Teenagers & Seniors 4,000 won
- Age Limit
- All ages of visitors
- Ticket Reservations
From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus bound for Andong Bus Terminal. (Intervals: 30 min)
From the terminal, take a taxi to Mask Dance Park (탈춤공원, 15 min).
Hahoe Folk Village
Take Bus 46 at the bus stop across from Andong Intercity Bus Terminal.
Get off at Hahoe Folk Village. (40 min)
- Cheongnyangni Station (Seoul Subway Line 1) → Andong Station
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, French, German)