VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 12.16.2016 ~ 01.31.2017
- 617, Nokcha-ro, Hoecheon-myeon, Boseong-gun, Jeollanam-do
전라남도 보성군 보성읍 녹차로 775
- Yulpo Beach (율포해수욕장) and Dahyanggak Pavilion Observatory (다향각 전망대) area
• 1330 Korea Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-61-850-5211~5214
- Sponsors / Management
- Boseong-gun /
- The installation of a massive Christmas tree will set a start to the Boseong Green Tea Plantation Light Festival, which is located in Boseong-gun at the Boseong Green Tea Plantation, one of Korea’s excellent tourist sites. The evening light ceremony will kick off the festival, where an embroidered spectacle of lights is expected to entrance visitors. Various sites and activities like the giant Christmas tree, a themed street, a galaxy tunnel, illuminations of Botjae and Dahyanggak, a lighted street, a photo zone, resolution stairs, and hanging wish cards will be available.
With a jaw-dropping size of 120 meters high and 130 meters wide, the massive Christmas tree at Boseong Tea Plantation made it into the Guinness Book of Records in 2000, and contributes to making Boseong, Korea’s home of tea and sounds, a well-known Korean attraction. During the festival, the landscape will be graced with a romantic and magical ambience of falling snow created by the arrangement of LED lights.
- Large tree decorated with lights, photo zone, Milky Way Tunnel, theme street in green tea field, etc.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages.
- From Seoul Central City Bus Terminal, take an express bus to Gwangju
* Bus Schedule: 05:30-01:00 (next day), 5-10min intervals
From Gwangju U-Square
Bus Terminal, transfer to a direct bus to Boseong (보성).
* Bus Schedule:
06:10-21:40, runs 28 times a day
Boseong Terminal, take a local bus bound for Green
Tea Plantation (녹차밭).
* Bus Schedule: 06:00-20:20, runs 22 times a day
- www.boseong.go.kr (Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese)
www.lightboseong.com (Korean only)