VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 10.19.2016 ~ 10.23.2016
- 167-29, Gyeongchung-daero 2697beon-gil, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
경기도 이천시 경충대로2697번길 167-29 (관고동)
- Seolbong Park (설봉공원) area
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-31-644-4127
- Icheon is famous for producing the best rice in Korea. In fact Icheon rice is so good that it used to be served to the kings of Korea in the past, and is still highly thought of today. The Icheon Rice Culture Festival celebrates its famous rice and also the local agricultural practices.
Major events of the festival include a reenactment of the parade that transported rice to Hanseong (the old name for Seoul) for presentation to the king, and the huge rice cauldron that is capable of feeding thousands of people.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free of charge
Gangnam Express Bus Terminal → Icheon terminal (60 minutes / every 30-50 minutes)
Dong Seoul Express Bus Terminal Station → Icheon terminal (60 minutes / every 15-20 minutes)
Incheon Intercity Bus Terminal → Icheon terminal l (90 minutes / every 60 minutes)
Suwon Intercity Bus Terminal → Icheon terminal (90 minutes / every 15 minutes)
Seongnam Intercity Bus Terminal → Icheon terminal (60 minutes / every 30 minutes)
From Icheon Bus Terminal,
take the free shuttle bus to the venue (Seolbong Park).
Bus Schedule: 08:30-20:30, 15min intervals
- www.ricefestival.or.kr (Korean, English, Japanese)