VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 10.10.2015 ~ 10.17.2015 Finished
- 95, Haneulgongwon-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul
서울특별시 마포구 하늘공원로 95 (상암동)
- Haneul Park Area in World Cup Park
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-300-5573
- The World Cup Park was established on Nanjido, whose name means the island of "abundant orchids and gromwells." The island was once a wonderful ecosystem where flowers flourished season in and season out, and migrant birds came to visit every year.
Unfortunately, Nanjido was used as a landfill site between 1978 and 1993 and the once beautiful ecosystem became a smelly place full of trash and sludge. However, the Landfill Recovery Project began in 1996, once again restoring life to the barren wasteland. Plants and animals returned to the area and it was christened the World Cup Park in May 2002. Each of the five divisions of the World Cup Park (Pyounghwa Park, Haneul Park, Noeul Park, Nanjicheon Park, and Nanji Hangang Park) represents an aspect of the radical transformation of Nanjido back into an ecological haven.
Haneul Park (Sky Park) is full of lush Eulalia and home to the Seoul Eulalia Festival, held every year in October when the grass is in bloom. Although the park is open to visitors during the daytime, the park is usually closed at night to reduce the negative effects of visitors on the native plants and animals. During the festival, however, the park remains open until 10 p.m. and the entire grounds are aglow with light. Visitors not only get a beautiful view of the city lights and Hangang River, but can also enjoy the variety of events and performances offered during the festival period.
- Performance Times
- Available until 22:00
- Admission/Participation Fees
World Cup Stadium Station (Seoul Subway Line 6), Exit 1.
Haneul Park is located within 30-minute walking distance of the station.
[Bus] (bound for World Cup Park)
Blue: 171, 271, 571
Green: 7011, 7013, 7715
Maeul (Village) Bus: Mapo (마포) 08
- worldcuppark.seoul.go.kr (Korean only)