- * Event held online to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- 08.01.2020 ~ 08.09.2020 Finished
- Bonghwa-eup, Bonghwa-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do
경상북도 봉화군 봉화읍
- Online streaming
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-679-6341~3
- Sponsors / Management
- Bonghwa-gun / Bonghwa Festival Committee
- Bonghwa Sweetfish Festival is one of Korea's prime summer festivals and celebrates the local specialty product of sweetfish. The sweetfish from Bonghwa are recorded as having been given as tribute to the king during the Joseon dynasty. The highest-quality sweetfish come from the upstream sections of the Nakdonggang and Seomjingang Rivers, where Bonghwa-gun is located. The festival offers numerous participatory programs including fishing, water play, a water fight, and agricultural experiences. Visitors who participate in fishing activities can feast on their catch.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Refer to the official website
- Duration of Performance
- Varies by program
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
- Ticket Reservations
- Available online and on-site
- [Express/Intercity Bus]
From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take a bus to Bonghwa Bus Terminal.
Cross the Naeseong Bridge on the left.
The festival venue is located on the right-hand side of the bridge.
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.