- 07.28.2018 ~ 08.04.2018
- Bonghwa-eup, Bonghwa-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do
경상북도 봉화군 봉화읍
- Area of Naeseongcheon Stream and riverside park
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-679-6311~5
- Sponsors / Management
- Bonghwa-gun / Bonghwa Festival Committee
- Bonghwa Euneo (Sweetfish) Festival, held in Bonghwa-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do, celebrates the local specialty product of sweetfish. Naeseongcheon Stream in Bonghwa-gun is considered one of the purest environments, producing high quality sweetfish. The fish here were even given to the king as a local tribute during the Joseon Dynasty. The festival offers numerous participatory programs including fishing, water play, a water fight, and agricultural experiences. Visitors who participate in fishing activities can feast on their catch. Moreover, there are several educational and cultural programs including a freshwater fish exhibition featuring trout and other species, a sweetfish ecology center where visitors can observe the natural environment that the fish live in, the Korean Currency Museum, Bonghwa tourist photo center, sweetfish painting, ceramic, hanji (traditional Korean paper) handicraft, and stone inscription.
- [Official events]
- Opening Ceremony
- Opening Celebration
- Cultural and Artistic performances
- Euneo (Sweetfish) Singing Festival
- Closing Performances
[Euneo (Sweetfish) fishing experience]
- Euneo (Sweetfish) Scoop net fishing experience
- Euneo (Sweetfish) Bare-hand fishing experience
- Participation events
- Grilled Euneo (Sweetfish) on a charcoal
- Euneo (Sweetfish) Fishing Experience
- Water Activities Experience
- Nail art / face painting and more.
[Exhibition ∙ Special Events]
- Euneo (Sweetfish) Exhibition
- Topiary Exhibition / Photo Zone
- Food Village, Ethnic Food Sale
- Local Food exhibition & sales, etc.
* Program details are subject to change.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Fishing experience: 10,000 won (regional product coupon included)
- Duration of Performance
- Varies by program
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
- [Express/Intercity Bus]
From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take a bus to Bonghwa Bus Terminal.
- Cross the Naeseong Bridge on the left.
- The festival venue is located on the right-hand side of the bridge.
- bonghwafestival.com (Korean only)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.