VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 09.02.2016 ~ 09.11.2016 Finished
- 157, Ihyoseok-gil, Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do
강원도 평창군 봉평면 이효석길 157 (봉평면)
- Pyeongchang-gun Bongpyeong-myeon Culture Village
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-335-2323~4 (Korean only)
- Sponsors / Management
- Lee Hyo-seok Literature Promotion Committee / Lee Hyo-seok Literature Promotion Committee
- Hyoseok Cultural Festival is held to commemorate modern Korean writer Lee Hyo-seok and his popular novel 'When Buckwheat Flowers Bloom,' which demonstrates the connection between human life and beauty of nature through the dazzling scenery of Bongpyeong. In fact, Bongpyeong is the author's hometown, and appears frequently in his novels.
The Festival offers various participatory programs such as poem exhibition, literature night, Hyo-seok essay contest, nature experiences (e.g. fingernail coloring using balsam), buckwheat food cooking, and many more. Furthermore, visitors may tour Lee Hyo-seok's birthplace and memorial hall.
- Educational experience programs, National writing contest, Night event Honoring Lee Hyo-seok, Folk Games, Performances and Music festival, Photo booth, etc.
*Program details are subject to change and vary each year.
Find more information at the official webpage.
- Admission/Participation Fees
Take an intercity bus to Jangpyeong Intercity Bus Terminal.
From Jangpyeong Terminal, take a local bus bound for Bongpyeong (봉평) or Phoenix Park shuttle bus.
Local Bus Schedule: 07:35-18:55, runs 13 times a day
- hyoseok.com (Korean only)