- 09.07.2019 ~ 09.15.2019 Finished
- 157, Ihyoseok-gil, Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do
강원도 평창군 봉평면 이효석길 157 (봉평면)
- Area of Bongpyeong-myeon Culture Village in Pyeongchang-gun
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-335-2323~4
- Sponsors / Management
- Lee Hyo-seok Literature Promotion Committee /
- Hyoseok Cultural Festival is held to commemorate modern Korean writer Lee Hyo-seok and his popular novel "When Buckwheat Flowers Bloom," which demonstrates the connection between human life and the beauty of nature through the dazzling scenery of Bongpyeong. In fact, Bongpyeong is the author's hometown, and appears frequently in his novels. The cultural festival commemorates Lee Hyo-seok's novel and offers a chance for visitors to tour Lee Hyo-seok's birthplace and memorial hall.
- National Hyo-seok Essay Competition
Lee Hyo-seok Literature Night
Experiences & competitions
Folk game play
Performances & concerts
Photo zone, etc.
* Programs and schedule are subject to change. Please refer to the official website for details.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Buckwheat flower photo zone entrance 2,000 won
Experience book 5,000 won
Lee Hyo-seok Cultral Center entrance 2,000won
Hyo-seok under the moonlight 3,000 won
Raft ride 5,000/3,000 won
Buckwheat Flower train 5,000 won (free entrance to the photo zone)
- Duration of Performance
- Varies by program
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal. take an intercity bus to Jangpyeong Intercity Bus Terminal. From Jangpyeong Terminal Bus Stop, take a local bus bound for Bongpyeong and get off at Chang-dong 4-ri Bus Stop. Walk for approx. 663m.
- hyoseok.com (Korean only)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.