- 09.07.2019 ~ 09.15.2019 Finished
- 157, Ihyoseok-gil, Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do
강원도 평창군 봉평면 이효석길 157 (봉평면)
- Area of Bongpyeong-myeon Culture Village in Pyeongchang-gun
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-335-2323~4
- Sponsors / Management
- Lee Hyo-seok Literature Promotion Committee /
- Hyoseok Cultural Festival is held to commemorate Korean writer Lee Hyo-seok and his popular novel "When Buckwheat Flowers Bloom," in which the story mainly takes place in the festival's venue, Bongpyeong. The festival offers diverse programs inspired from the book, allowing the visitors to explore the author's work as well as the beauty of Bongpyeong with its buckweat flowers in full bloom. Visitors can also get to know more about the author by visiting the Lee Hyo-seok Culture Village and the Lee Hyo-seok Memorial Hall located near the festival venue.
- - National Hyo-seok Essay Competition
- Lee Hyo-seok Literature Night
- Experiences & contest events
- Folk game play
- Performances & concerts
- Photo zone, etc.
* Programs and schedule are subject to change
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Buckwheat Flower Photo Zone admission 2,000 won
Experience book 5,000 won
Lee Hyo-seok Cultral Center admission 2,000won
Hyo-seok under the Moonlight 3,000 won
Raft ride 3,000 won / 5,000 won
Buckwheat Flower Train 5,000 won (Free entrance to the photo zone included)
- Duration of Performance
- Varies by program
- Age Limit
- Open to visitors of all ages
From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Jangpyeong Intercity Bus Terminal.
From Jangpyeong Terminal Bus Stop, take a local bus bound for Bongpyeong and get off at Chang-dong 4-ri Bus Stop.
Walk for approx. 663 m.
- www.hyoseok.com (Korean only)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.