VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.
- 01.14.2017 ~ 12.31.2017
- 3-15, Hahoejongga-gil, Andong-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do
경상북도 안동시 풍천면 하회종가길 3-15 (풍천면)
- Andong Hahoe Village Mask Dance Performance Stage
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-854-3669
- Sponsors / Management
- Hahoe Mask Dance Drama Preservation Association (Important Intangible Cultural Asset No. 69) / Hahoe Mask Dance Drama Preservation Association (Important Intangible Cultural Asset No. 69)
- Hahoe Mask Dance Drama Performance has 800 years of tradition, featuring a performance dealing with daily life and the conflict between the common people with the privileged class of Yangban (noblemen) and Seonbi (Classical scholar). Andong is well-known for having a large community of Yangban from old times that makes a mask dance performance from this town representative in Korea. The performance is comprised of six sections beginning from the mid Goryeo to the present, satirizing the prestige of the ruling class and society contradictions sharply. Through this, they try to reduce depression and stuffiness as well as to establish a strong community bond and wish for peace. It features a festive communicative site through eras of time and among nations.
- Designated as Important Intangible Cultural Property No. 69, the Mask Play of Hohoe Byeolsingut shows the excellence and value of traditional cultural. Handed down to the present from Goryeo, Byeolsinguk took place to pray for peace and abundance in the village. Not like an annual winter festival, it is held with a regular period of five or ten years. So far, it has introduced six sections out ten total. After the performance, visitors can take pictures with the performers and enjoy other various programs. These shows feature the values of a traditional play which has no barrier between performers and audience.
- Performance Times
- [Permanent performance]
Jan–Feb: 14:00 / every Sat-Sun
Mar–Dec: 14:00 / every Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Free (Admission to Hahoe Village charged separately)
- Duration of Performance
- Approx. 60 minutes
- Additional Events
- [After-event & photo time]
[Group hands-on program (paid program for groups of 15 people or more)
- Learning a mask dance, academy, Hahoebyeolsingut Mask Play storytelling, mask-making, etc.
- Program Details
- [Mudong Madang]
[Yangban Seonbi Madang]
- Age Limit
- All ages of visitors
From Andong Bus Terminal or Andong Station, take Bus No. 46 to Hahoe Village.
- hahoemask.co.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)