- 05.02.2018 ~ 05.07.2018 Finished
- 119, Jungnogwon-ro, Damyang-gun, Jeollanam-do
전라남도 담양군 담양읍 죽녹원로 119 (담양읍)
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-61-380-3151 (Korean only)
- Sponsors / Management
- Damyang-gun /
- Located within a forest of 2.4 kilometers of bamboo, this festival is full of activities celebrating the beauty and function of the bamboo plant. More active visitors can test their skills during some of the festival’s scheduled river sports, such as ‘Log Rafting’ and ‘Water Bicycling’. After working up an appetite, visitors can please their palate with some of Damyang’s famous cuisines and other world foods featured at the Cultural Experience Center. For additional sightseeing opportunities, visit some of the other attractions in the area, such as the Damyang Soswaewon, Damyang Gwanbangjerim, Damyang Jungnogwon, Metasequoia, and more.
- Bamboo Fair, Bamboo Musical Instrument Performance Contest, Bamboo-Cutting Sword Championship, Writing & Painting Competition, Making Daetongsul (a bamboo bottled traditional liquor), Riding a Bamboo Raft, Fishing with Bamboo Basket.
*The details information on the programs is subject to change.
- Admission/Participation Fees
- Participation fees and site admission fees may be charged.
From Yongsan Station, take a train to Gwangju.
From Gwangju Station, take Bus No. 311 to Juknokwon.
From Central City Bus Terminal (Seoul), take an express bus to Damyang.
From Damyang Bus Terminal, cross the road and take a Bongsan-Damyang route bus.
Get off at the Juknokwon Bus Stop, and cross the road.
- www.bamboofestival.co.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
VisitKorea does not guarantee the quality of products or services introduced on its site and is not responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from use of said products or services.